Carmen1986

Best Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hey everyone,

So earlier I had posted about how I was wanting to purchase the 3 Urban Decay Naked palettes. I've decided that I don't want to purchase them from the Kijiji classified site because I don't want to be swindled. I came across a video on spotting a FAKE palette. I don't have the time to investigate the people who are selling the palettes so I will opt for a different neutral palette in the mean time. 

So I would like to know what neutral palettes are the BEST and are worth the money but aren't too expensive and don't have similar shades to the ones in the UD Naked palettes but are similar quality if that makes sense. 

Thanks !

~ Carmen ~

spacesuit

Re: Best Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

I really like the bareMinerals Power Neutrals 8-pan palette, there's a good range of colors and finishes and I found the shadows to be excellent quality.swfupload_6245159380945232483.jpg

Titian06

Hi, Carmen!  I absolutely love the KVD Saints palette!  I don't think I could live without it; it's definitely my favorite.

Saint.jpg

As far as the Naked palettes go, I know this won't fall in your price range, but you might consider buying them when you come to Dayton.  Naked 1 & 2 are $50 and Basic is $27; sales tax is 7.25%.  That will total $136.21.  You'll save $28 on the palettes plus whatever in sales tax.

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

I sent you a PM :-D

connieconcon

Oh I just remembered!  A lot of brands have Friends and Family Sales in the winter.  I think they're usually 20% off, sometimes 10%.  If you have your heart set on a certain palette, it might be worth waiting a few months.  Sites like musings of a muse and temptalia usually report the sales which saves you a step of checking all the time!

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Ahhh I like the sound of that :-D !

connieconcon

I probably missed this, but are you not wanting to purchase the Naked palettes from Sephora because they're too expensive?  

Victoria's secret makes a neutral palette that has gotten some good reviews.    Sephora brand eye shadows have really improved in the last few years, and I know they have a few neutral palettes in store right now.  

What exactly is your budget for a palette?  Are you looking for shimmer and matte?  only shimmer?  Sparkle?  

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Hey there,

I wanted to purchase all 3 palettes from Sephora but right now I need to save money because of personal issues right now. However I found them on Kijiji but I don't trust purchasing them incase their fake. So until I can get the UD palettes I will opt for a great quality neutral palette with different shades then what are in the UD palettes currently. No need to have 4 or 5 palettes with similar colors. Up here in Canada Naked and Naked 2 are $ 60 and Basics is $ 32 and that doesn't include tax ontop which is a killer.

I've never used Sephora brand eyeshadows so I will keep that in mind. Do you know what palettes are neutral shades ?.

As of right now I would spend between $ 20 - $ 35 at most ?. I like a mixture of shimmer, matte, sparkle ect. 

I hope I am not being too impossible with my quest lol. 

Thanks for understanding !

carrie1975

I've been eyeing this one

http://www.sephora.com/natural-instincts-eyeshadow-palette-P377659?skuId=1474998

It has pretty good reviews and Sephora just went through a change in their formulas of the eye shadows to make them better

connieconcon

I totally get it.  I have been attracted to this palette.  I'm not sure what the price in Canada is though, and I can't recall seeing it in store.

http://www.sephora.com/it-palette-nude-P379937?skuId=1519891

My sister loves Too Faced palettes, but they are just out of your price range I think.  

This one by Kat von D also looks interesting.  http://www.sephora.com/true-romance-eyeshadow-palette-saint-P292313?skuId=1325083  

I haven't tried it yet, but I really like her other palettes.

I just sorted the palettes section of sephora's website by cost and I don't know if you're going to have a ton of options in your price range.  

Have you considered drug store makeup?  Drug store stuff has come such a long way.  My friends RAVE about E.L.F.  and NYX and I know both have neutral palettes available on their websites 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • carrie1975
    • Titian06
    • Carmen1986
    • spacesuit
Photos2