mtnlion

Best Matte Blush

(0) Hearts

Hi, I'm searching for a matte blush! I have fair skin/brown hair/brown eyes. I have several NARS (Orgasm/Deep Throat) & Too Faced Perfect Flush, but they all have shimmer in them.  I love the look, but need something sans shimmer, and a little more grown up for work.  I'm thinking something along the lines of Bobbi Brown's Apricot/Sand Pink...  but I'm really open to any brand/color suggestions for my complexion. Something classic / healthy glow.  Thanks in advance! 

Shanney54

Re: Best Matte Blush

Illamsqua and The Balm both have great blushes. Maybelline and Sonia Kashuk are also great options from the drugstore or Target!

michmo

I am fair with brown hair and eyes too.  I really like The Balm's DownBoy blush.  It is such a pretty color.  I just recently got it and put it on today, and even my husband said wow and commented how much he liked it.  

In the past I really LOVED Sonia Kashuk's beautifying blush in "pink".  

A last suggestion that may not be 100% matte, but is not shimmery or glittery at all....I just notice a healthy sheen, almost like a matte cream blush leaves is the new clinique cheek pops.  I have it in the color plum pop which is a pink color and really like it.  

http://www.sephora.com/cheek-pop-P384996?skuId=1579051

DitzCore

(0) Hearts

I'm going to second the new Clinique blushes. They are gorgeous and go on beautifully!

mtnlion

(0) Hearts

Wow, thanks so much for your help everyone! Wish I had found this forum years ago! I'm definitely going try both Tarte & Illamasqua. :smileyhappy:

Thanks for your swatches mpolansky - very helpful!

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

You're welcome, I hope you find one that works for you!

knkate

If you're interested in a cream blush, I would suggest YSL's small potted ones.  I tried it recently when I went to Sephora looking for a cream blush without a shimmer.  The ones from YSL had no shimmer but still great color.  I ended up going with one the NARS blush sticks because I wanted something a bit more functional but it was a tough decision.  The YSL blush was beautiful and had a nice dewy look without shimmer.

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

U r so right. I have one YSL cream blush and I love it. It is pricier than other cream blushes but is so pigmented, that as long as you cover it after taking some out, it lasts a long time.

I just wish they had more colors. I have the rose color and, while the pink looked okay, I wasn't wowed by any other color. But I only own one rose, and this is the one I want to own.

lyravega

(0) Hearts

Definitely Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes and Illamsqua! They have the most beautiful matte blushes ever! I absolutely love them! They are very pigmented and long wearing. My favorites are Tarte Blissful ( warm peach ) and Dollface ( light pink ), Illamasqua Katie ( light milky pink, and my absolute fav! ), Tremble ( light warm pink ) and Naked Rose ( soft neutral pink )! 

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi mtnlion,

My favorites are by Tarte! They look fantastic, have great pigmentation, and give the skin a stunning healthy appearance. We actually currently have a holiday blush kit in stock which is a fantastic value.

swfupload_5823016534423005449.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
ghkim

(0) Hearts

i vote for tarte and illamasqua blushes for matte blushes. also, have you tried cream blushes? they are generally shimmer-less but give a more dewy finish.

michmo

(0) Hearts

I love the Lorac Pro Powder Cheek Stain.  I have petal pink which is similar to the Tarte Dollface, but I like the Lorac one 10 times better.  

http://www.sephora.com/pro-powder-cheek-stain-P374703

carolang

(0) Hearts

Tarte exposed for a more neutral look (good for bold lips) - its a plummy color but comes off really natural looking and I am medium beige. I also like tarte dollface for a lighter pink.

If you don't have many matte blushes but want to dabble - check out that palette below! Definitely worth it. And Tarte is one of the more natural brands. NARS blushes give me an allergic reaction. I feel good when I use Tarte products.

mpolansky

[ Edited ]

Alright I'm probably going to sound like a broken record here but the new blush palette that Tarte came out with has all Matte blushes and a matte bronzer. One blush, dazzled, has very minor shimmer (but no onnoxious glitter...I didn't even notice the shimmer until I realllly stared at it) Might be worth it if you want color options! 

Here are some swatches I made yesterday. I posted this picture in the September Hauls thread, but I'll repost it here. This is in natural lighting. (Dazzled is the darkest blush, the second from the left) It also includes dollface, which CzaCee recommended below.

IMG_4795.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1553718&productId=P382573

RolyPoly

(0) Hearts

Thank you! That was very helpful to see!

CzaCee

have you tried any of Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes? the pigmentation is awesome. and it's long lasting too. my favorite shades would have to be dollface and blissful. you might wanna check those out. they're matte. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • lyravega
    • janinebt
    • knkate
    • carolang
    • CzaCee
    • ghkim