Answer
maddieb
Accepted Solution
Best Foundation For Acne/Combination skin?

I have have ance prone skin and I use two different prescription lotions (one in the morning, one at night) I also have combination skin. Very dry but before I know it, my t-zone is super oily.

I've been using bare minerals for as long as I can remember and I love it...However it is not enough coverage at all. I would like to use a liquid foundation and maybe finish with a powder?  I am nervous that it will break me out. I have read reviews on all products but am always getting a mixed review. 

Thanks for the help!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
TrysBeautyItems
Answered

The oiliness is most likely do to the 2 acne rx's drying the skin out. You may want to lessen usage to every other day or even on day 1 use only in the morning and day 2 use only at night etc.

I'm very sensitive and acne-prone and use liquid foundation. I haven't had problems with Estee Lauder, Lancome, Tarte BB, Lorac CC (brand is made without any known irritants), Colorescience (for powder foundation and primer), BE powder

I tend to look for water-based (for liquid), non-condegemic (less likely to clog pores)

Answers: 3
laurabt
Answered

Hi maddieb,

I recommend Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free or CLINIQUE Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup. Both are oil absorbing and will help cover and prevent breakouts, without drying out the skin. They also have good coverage to cover up any existing blemishes.

:smileyhappy: -Laura

voxover
Answered

I agree with Laura about the Clinique's Acne Solutions, which worked for me in not causing break-outs even though I was ice skating (aka sometimes wearing it getting a quite bit of a workout for 1-2 hours). Only problem with it is that for me I had to use a lot of it to get the level of coverage I wanted and even then I used Physicians Formula powder foundation (which I also recommend) on top of the liquid foundation. Yes, I know wearing make-up while exercising is a bad idea, but neither of these brands broke me out (and I'm super acne-prone). I dunno if improved my acne, but it didn't exacerbate it.

Caution: I've never really tried pairing anything containing salicylic acid directly over over a prescription topical, so your skin might react adversely if you pair another acne-fighting ingredient into your routine, especially since RX topicals can make your skin drier/more sensitive. Make sure to test-patch the Clinique (if you want to give it a try) with your regular topical routine on your skin before trying it on your whole face.

SirensSong
Answered
[ Edited ]

My vote is also for the Clinique Acne Solutions foundation. I have extremely sensitive and oily skin but this foundation did not make me break out or irritate me. It also provides pretty good coverage. When I had severe acne last year, this was my #1 foundation.

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • voxover
    • laurabt
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • SirensSong
    • maddieb