MsMileHigh78

Best Eye Shadow Palette for Golden Blond Hair and Blue Eyes?

(0) Hearts

Hello & Thanks for the HELP!

I just bought the Sephora Moonshadow baked palette "In The Dark". I love it! But I need help finding another palette (affordable, please!) that I can use for everyday eye shadow looks.

INFO:

I have light, sensitive, skin with random freckles and moderate acne. My natural hair color is VERY dark, but it is dyed golden blond. I have medium blue eyes. This picture is from my wedding 3 years ago; I am usually not this tan-even in the summer months! My avatar is most accurate.

I am open to any suggestions on fun colors-Summer ROCKS! I would like a palette, but whatever anyone can suggest for me helps.Image00184JustHEad.jpgTHANKS SO MUCH!

Alicia

keelybt

Re: Best Eye Shadow Palette for Golden Blond Hair and Blue Eyes?

Hi Msmilehigh78 You already have some great recommendations!  I think the Primal Instincts Eyeshadow Palette would be a great choice for both warm and cool tones.

swfupload_562926908246388465.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/primal-instincts-eyeshadow-palette-P374274?skuId=1430503

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

It looks like it has some pretty shades in it from what I can see.

MsMileHigh78

You ladies ROCK!

What do you guys think about Sephora's Primal Instincts Palette?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

here is a swatch of the primal instincts palette (this photo is from makeup haul blogspot- it is not my photo)

5_sephorapalette_swatches.JPG

I see that the palette doesn't contain parabens, which is a good thing for those who are more cautious when it comes to cosmetics safety and questionable ingredients.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

looks like it has some nice shades. They do have a shimmer/sheen to them so if you are looking for matte, I am not sure this would be the way to go.

I have only tried the sephora mono eyeshadows so I cant vouch for any of their palettes.  

I do think that Urban Decay has great quality shadow (better than the sephora ones I have tested) but that is just my personal preference. 

I also love Lorac Pro palette. It has a row of colors with sheen and a row of matte. 

s1432384-main-hero.jpg

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Aww thanks!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

These messed up when I posted the pictures :

1.Smashbox Photo Opt Palette for Blue Eyes.

2.Smashbox in Hyper Focal

3. Smashbox in Focal point.

Sorry!:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

Besides the great suggestions by roxystar4 I wanted to add these:s1469543-main-grid[1].jpgSmash Box Photo Op Palette for blue eyess1349760-main-hero[1].jpgSmashbox  shawdow in Hyperfocals1349844-main-hero[1].jpgSmashbox shawdow in Focal Point

Hope this helps!

roxystar4

love the smashbox photo OP palette for blue eyes, great suggestion

roxystar4

Here are a few of the palettes I would suggest. Some are more $$ than others:

Urban Decay's Naked I and Naked II Palettes are great shadows (but pricey $50 each) But if you break it down by shadow it is a great deal. Naked 1 is warmer (it is the first one pictured) and Naked 2 is cooler.

s1324532-main-grid.jpg

s1393636-main-grid.jpg

Urban Decay has a great palette on sale for $15 at their website right now (under the sale section) called Mariposa palette. I bought it a week ago and have really been enjoying it. I especially love skimp and money.  It is a steal!  There are a few other palettes under their sale section too. Ulta also has it on sale on their website for $15 (less shipping cost on Ulta's site).  I think the gray shadows would look nice with your eyes.

Unknown.jpeg

This last palette I don't own but you mentioned fun summer colors and I think this one has a lot.  The Smashbox heatwave palette it is a bit $$ though ($48)

s1497130-main-hero.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • MsMileHigh78
Photos11