jcknox

Best Concealers

Whats the best concealer for just pimples and pimple scars (Luckily i don't have dark circles). I have dry/sensitive skin. I get really dry on my cheeks like the desert. Gimme High end (ysl any good??), gimme low end (does Maybelline's fit me concealer really fit like a glove?). Anything that feels and looks natural. Name them all y'all!!

Alat

Re: Best Concealers

(0) Hearts

I also like Benefit's Erase Paste because of the texture and coverage.  It really sinks into irregular surfaces, like a healing scab, conceals well and stays pliable. Sometimes I dab it on and then use a brush to even out the edges. I have a tiny jar from a gift set and it lasts forever!

chupi

(0) Hearts

I second KVD Tattoo concealer. It doesn't have pink tones in it, which is good for covering redness. 

mrsstory

I'm 40 and rarely get zits, but a couple weeks ago something really weird happened with my skin, and I ended up with three HUGE, horrible, angry red zits on my chin, and another on my cheek.  I didn't get zits like this when I was a teenager!

While I was home I just kept treating them.  But when I had to go out I wanted to do something to tame their angry appearance.  I don't even own a concealer, because I don't get bad zits, and I don't have bad circles.  So I went through my stash of samples, and found a packet of Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer (mentioned by laurabt).  It took the teeniest dot and really covered the red.  Unfortunately, the first time I tried to use it, my skin was flaking from all the salicylic acid I was using, and it looked bad.  But the second time I used it most of that had flaked off (leaving just redness as it was healing), and the concealer covered the redness *really* well.  So much that I think I'm going to look at their line the next time I'm in Sephora.  I was really impressed!

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

My favorite concealers for zits is Macs studio fix and Tarte's Maracuja. These are both thick and pigmented so its not moving with also being pretty easy to blend. I would make sure to really blend it into your skin well and set it. Tarte does not have a huge color range while Mac's is huge.

I'm obsessed with those two concealers 

I do not like Maybelline's Fit me concealer just because of its pigmentation. I do not understand sheer or medium coveraged concealers. However I would suggest, Maybelline Dream Lumi (I'd say that this is the best for your skin but its color range is mostly pink) , Maybelline Age Rewind, and Rimmel Match Perfect.

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Jcknox,

I recommend checking out Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer and Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer. These are both highly pigmented and long lasting!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • chupi
    • mrsstory
    • laurabt
    • jcknox
    • CaitlinBrunson
    • Alat