Giraffelover333

Best Concealer For Under The Eyes

(0) Hearts

Which concealer would be the best for me? I have dark circles and I have the hardest time finding a concealer. The ones that I have tried are drug store and they crease after like ten minutes. So should I invest into something more high end? Which would be best and really be worth my money.

DeeCharm

Re: Best Concealer For Under The Eyes

I'm of South Asian descent and my (dark-'purplish') undereye circles are hard to cover as well! I recently went to Sephora and was introduced to Bobbi Brown color corrector in Dark Peach and it works well, but I'd recommend undereye cream (which I thought was silly, but it keeps my undereyes hydrated & prevents some creasing). I tried Bobbi Brown concealer, but it just wasn't the 'right fit' for me.

Over the corrector, I use either:

(1) Becca concealer (natural)

(2) Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage (brighter)

For an all in one product, depending on your skin type, Tom Ford stick foundation is really good (although pricey). Cle de Peau I heard is good also, although I have yet to try it -- Good luck! :smileyhappy:

atexas

Cle De Peau (pricey) is the most crease proof concealer I've used.  Recently I'm starting to experiment with others because I'm at the age where something more moisturizing would be nice, but that does mean more creasing. I also use Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder to set it (as was mentioned, powder is the key to keeping concealer from creasing). If i were you, I'd try setting what you have with powder to see if that makes a difference (lightly, otherwise it will get cakey). Hopefully that will be all you need to do.  I'd also try some before making the investment because it's very individual. Most people love Bobbi Brown and on me it creased more than anything i've ever tried.  Good luck!

miabt

Hi Giraffelover333,

I second the Bobbi Brown Concealer!  I absolutely love the consistency & the finish.  You can set it with an iridescent setting powder or your foundation.  Make sure that the concealer is applied after foundation, to keep it from moving around :smileywink:  

Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer Kit

You can also try the Bobbi Brown Corrector, to help neutralize the darkness

Bobbi Brown - Corrector

Hope that helps :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

ContentlyKayKay

[ Edited ]

Hi Giraffelover333! Are you also setting your concealer with a powder? I know Sephora doesn't stock this, but I love my Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer, then I set it with Tarte's Smooth Operator Finishing Powder. Mine doesn't budge all day! I also like using Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer for covering my blemishes (again with Tarte's finishing powder). Typically whenever I'm using a foundation or concealer, I ALWAYS follow it up with a setting powder, so it doesn't budge and my efforts aren't wasted :smileyhappy: Hope this helps and have a great day!

roxystar4

MUFE concealer is really nice! I also like MAC concealer.

For a more natural alternative Zuzu Luxe works well.

Sorgee

I love Clinique All About Eyes concealor in Light Petal.  I always moisturize the eye area, then I apply my foundation and then I put the concealor very sparingly where I need it.

I find that if I don't moisturize or if I don't apply concealor sparingly then it will crease and show every wrinkle that I have - plus some that I didn;t realize where there!  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • roxystar4
    • miabt
    • Giraffelover333
    • ContentlyKayKay
    • atexas
    • Sorgee