theH

Best Cleanser that's safe for pregnant women

I am looking for a good cleanser for acne and blackheads but safe for pregnant women.  What are some products you would recommend?

connieconcon

Re: Best Cleanser that's safe for pregnant women

(0) Hearts

So far, I've been using this morning burst cleanser from clean and clear in conjunction with a clarisonic once a day.  At night I use an oil based cleanser and use Ole Henriksen's invigorating night gel.  The hormonal acne is still present, but it's not out of control I think.swfupload_5253834068586070908.jpg

carrierose

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

This is totally off the beaten path, but it is definitely natural and tea tree oil is fantastic with acne:

CJ's BUTTer Carcass Cleaner with Tea Tree Oil

I use it on my face and love it.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Since you're pregnant, the best thing to do is go the all natural route. Drugstores carry natural skincare like the YES brand or Burts Bees, Sephora has good natural brands like Origins and L'occitane, but health food stores like Whole Foods or Sprouts are the best because you don't have to worry about their ingredients because they only carry all natural skincare and most have a stamp to prove it.

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi TheH I agree that you should run any new products by your doctor first.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Well asking your doctor is the best thing to do!! But i did alot of research cause my sister found out she is pregnant about 2 months ago. Main things to stay sway from are Retinol, and Salicylic Acid. I did ready that is a cleasner less than 2% is okay, it won't have harmful effects, so my sister uses the Murad cleanser right now, but she has an appointment later today and i'm going with her and i was gonna ask what really is best, so i'd be happy to share any info i get from her doctor.

PC00

(0) Hearts

My wife is using a brand called Belli.  I haven't done much research on it personally, but she's a pretty research-oriented individual.  I don't know if it's the change in hormone levels or the cleanser, but she has seen a reduction in pimples.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 7 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • connieconcon
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • carrierose
    • PC00