cbrittneyb

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Primer worth the 36$?

(0) Hearts

I'm looking for a matte primer to use this summer. I get fairly oily as the day goes on, but it's not too extreme. I've heard mixed reviews on the Becca Primer, and wanted to know if it was really worth it to buy. If not, please suggest some! Thank You! 

vchotia

Re: Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Primer worth the 36$?

(0) Hearts

I have been using the deluxe sample for a while, and I like it. I have oily skin, and this helps to keep my face matte for most of the day. Towards the end of the day, it starts to get oily again so blotting is necessary. I have a hard time with the silicones in most primers, and this one is silicone free, so it doesn't cause breakouts on my face. Like others said, it's best to smooth it between your fingers then pat it on your face. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Hi, CBrittneyB!

If you're on the market for a new primer to aid in mattifying skin, you may want to check out the below thread:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Oily/Primer-for-oily-skin/m-p/610061/highlight/true#M698

My response has a slew of primers designed for oily skin or even just to slightly mattify from varying brands and formulations if you have specific preferences.

Most primers on the market will average about that price, if you're iffy on an item and not particularly swayed due to a price tag, I'd suggest venturing into a store and seeing if samples can be obtained for you to try out before making a purchase!

friedrice

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I tried this Becca primer. I find it hard to apply on my face. I put it on and then it dried up really quick. The SA told me it is a great primer she ever tried, but it didnt really work for me. :smileysad:

When I was looking for primers before, I tried the Smashbox ones and loved it. They apply really smooth on my skin. I like the regular oil free one(Clear color) and the the one with Dermaxyl(Peach color).

and then I tried Hourglass, I fell in love! I have dry skin and I use the serum one. Maybe the mineral veil will work for you.

Maybe, ask for the Becca primer sample and try it when you go at the store.It didn't work for me, but maybe will work for you!  :smileyhappy:

KendraKendra

(0) Hearts

I found this primer (Becca) incredibly difficult to work with. I experienced pilling* and it left crusty lines at my hairline and neck. I hated it - even after several tries.  Like many, I use Hourglass mineral veil and just tried a few dior poreless primer samples and they were okay. You may want to look into the Dior if you're looking for a heavier consistency and oil control.

britter77

(0) Hearts

I have normal skin, and I find the ever-matte primer to dry quickly on my face. So by the time I apply my foundation, it looks very patchy/cakey. The texture is very thick, so you have to really buff it into your skin. With that being said, I would definitely recommend this for oily skin, as it lasts all day, longer than Benefit's porefessional (in my opinion).

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

If you're not extremely oily, Becca's primer might be an 'on the fence' sort of thing for you. I would strongly recommend you get a sample of the primer before you decide to splurge on it.

That said, I use the Becca primer, and it works fantastically for me. It does take trial and error to get application down right, and it's not the most user-friendly product. When you squeeze it out of the tube you need only a very, very small amount, maybe half the size of a pea. I rub it and warm it between my fingers, then I gently pat it into my t-zone (my oily areas... and the patting is important! Don't rub it in or it will pill). I do my brows while the primer sets, then I blend my foundation on top of the primer. It makes my skin look smooth and perfect every time I use it, and my foundation stays on all day with minimal shine.

I don't use, and I don't recommend using, the Becca primer with other mattifying products like matte foundations. I have tried using the Becca primer in combination with MUFE Mat Velvet+ foundation and it really made me look a bit cakey and overpowdered. Instead I'd use it in combination with a tinted moisturizer, dewy bb cream, or natural to dewy finish foundations to keep them under control.

I've also used the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, and it is a fantastic primer. It gives you more of a radiant/natural finish than Becca's mattifying foundation, but it keeps the radiance under control all day. It's also extremely lightweight on the skin. However, it's a lot more expensive ($55 for a vial of primer), and although I like it for use under matte finish foundations like the Hourglass Immaculate foundation, I'm not a so much a fan of using it under more natural and dewy finish bases. Most of my collection consists of dewy/matte finish foundations, so I went with Becca when it was time to purchase a new full-sized primer.

I hope this helps you, cbrittneyb! Let us know what you end up choosing. :smileyhappy:

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

Honestly the best mattifying primer I've ever used is by Neutrogena, and I've tried them all. Use it only in the areas you get oily. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I had Becca's resurfacing primer and Satin finish foundation. 

I have their shimmering skin perfecter.. 

From my experience, the quality of their products are not worth the cost. 

its something I would buy every now and then if their prices were some where along the lines of Clinique and UD. 

There is nothing terrible about it, but there is nothing to make their products worth $30~50.. and I think is why their products are less raved about and less widely known in general. 

Primers lasts a very long time, and I would suggest for you to invest in something that you are really going to love for a long time.. (not just in the beginning to justify the purchase and/or because of the packaging) 

I think for your skin type, Hourglass mineral veil will be worth looking into. there really isn't anything like it.. so light weight too. 

Smashbox primer light I also think is quite nice. my skin gets drier throughout the day with this primer, but I have dry combination skin.. so its to be expected. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • friedrice
    • lylysa
    • StraightRhodes
    • britter77
    • vchotia
    • infinitise