Beauty Blender Cleaning With Stubborn Foundation Patches

Hi! I've been using a Beauty Blender for a couple years now but I've found that sometimes the long wear foundation I use won't come out when I wash it. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear and when I go to clean my Beauty Blender there're patches of the foundation that get hard and won't come out. It's not just a stain, there's actually a hard patch of dried foundation (sometimes on the surface and sometimes i can feel it inside the blender). I've used their soap with both hot and cold water, but nothing seems to help. Also, it's happening with a brand new blender so its age can't be the problem.

I need some advice on how to get it out.

Thanks!

This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered

I have the same problem with Revlon Colorstay (which is supposed to be a dupe for EL). I've tried Bronners, BB cleanser, olive oil/dish soap, facial cleanser and even tried makeup stain remover for clothing! NOTHING gets it out. 

Also, I scrubbed and soaked mine so much that it started getting cracks within 2 weeks. Drives me crazy that I can see the foundation that has sunk into the sponge even though the surface is clean (from scrubbing). If gobs of foundation are stuck in there, then bacteria is still lurking and breeding. Also, the texture of my BB changed within two weeks. I'm not sure if it was from all the products I scrubbed with...probably.

I read online that Daiso sponge cleaner works. I ordered some and will try it. I'll give up the blender before I part with my favorite foundation. I can't afford to replace them every two weeks!

(0) Hearts
@scrapperluv I also have the same problem with the Colorstay foundation, it's so frustrating! I've tried everything you've tried & nothing's worked. I actually have tried Daiso & it didn't work for me *sigh* Let me know if it works for you!
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 14 hearts
  • 7 in conversation