Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Be a Glow Getter!

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 3.43.36 PM.png

Hi Beauty Talkers!

After months of product development and getting sprayed one too many times (not all nozzles are created equal!) we are so proud to introduce Glow Getter Mist. We created a truly hydrating, illuminating, and multitasking mist with some serious skincare benefits. Glow Getter is expertly formulated with globally inspired oils and extracts that bring out the best in your skin. A mix of floral oils and extracts provide a light rose scent (absolutely no synthetic fragrance). Plus, it always feels refreshing and lightweight...never sticky!

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 10.25.16 PM.png

DG: When I was in grad school I took a trip to Iceland and was blown away with the natural beauty (one of the world’s cleanest ecosystems) but I couldn’t get enough of the Icelandic glacier water. The mineral-rich water takes hundreds of years to go through layers of volcanic bedrock and lava rock, which serves as a natural filtration process, resulting in one of the purest waters in the world. The pollution free water contains special minerals that nourish your skin.

LE: Once we made Icelandic glacier water the base of the mist we hand picked 6 extracts and 25 oils for their hydrating and glowing properties. I love hibiscus fruit extract which increases the elasticity of skin, evens skin tone, decreases inflammation and provides intense moisture. It’s also packed with antioxidants which is great for sensitive skin.

DG: We decided to include evening primrose oil because it reduces redness, inflammation, swelling, hyperpigmentation, and contains hydrating properties. It’s basically a super oil for skin!

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 6.09.22 PM.png

LE:  Glow Getter is the perfect primer, it’s my first step before applying my makeup. Here’s a great tip, spritz your makeup sponge and spot refresh your face throughout the day!

DG: I’ve been in three cities in the last few weeks: San Francisco, Chicago and London and my Glow Getter Mist was an inflight essential. A spritz before taking off and one after landing. For our team it’s a gym bag essential or date night must have for luminous skin.

So tell us, Beauty Talkers, how do you get your glow on?

Re: Be a Glow Getter!

Hey Beauty Talkers, my name is Danielle Lewis & I'm the brand educator for Wander Beauty! I've been a makeup artist for over 9 years working in print, television & fashion. I love a good mist and this one is definitely in heavy rotation! It hydrates, refreshes and leaves me with a "post yoga' glow that's natural and gorgeous! I use it personally and on my clients to add a spa moment to their makeovers 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

I love my Tatcha mist but it's a glass bottle and I can't take it with me on trips. I will check this out for sure.

I'm also obsessed with mists and have tried and tested them all! I started modeling in Paris 12 years ago and fell in love with French pharmacies, that's where I learned so much about the benefits of oils for all skin types. What I love about Glow Getter is it's enriched with 25 non-comedogenic skincare oils but doesn't feel greasy, it gives your skin a gorgeous glow. If I'm traveling it takes the place of my primer, moisturizer and makeup setter/refresher and I can even use it to hydrate my body. It's such a luxurious multitasker!  I love that every time I spritz over makeup it makes my foundation look like my skin but 10x better! Have you tried it yet?

xo,

Lindsay Ellingson

Co-founder and Creative Director

I love this! Smells great, feels great, and it's my favorite among other mists like the smashbox/urban decay one. This one just has so many great ingredients too so I know I'm doing something good for my skin!! Def recommend!

I'm obsessed with the mist, it leaves my skin so dewy fresh. Plus I know the ingredients are working with my skin and not against! 

This mist sounds great. Especially since it has all of those options in one spray! Love that its lightweight and not sticky. Cant wait to try it!

This sounds awesome!!! I love a good glow mist!

I haven't tried a mist yet, but so many BTers like them that I would like to.  I've looked at a few, but this is the first one with ingredients that I find acceptable.  I added it to my Loves list.

@Titian06 That was always my issue. I have autoimmune disease and lots of allergies to chemicals and also to synthetic fragrance. We spent a lot of time handpicking the ingredients. I tested our formula extensively and didn't have any breakouts, bumps or rashes like I do from many other products!

Same here I feel like I've tried them all, and they were either sticky or with a too strong scent, some downright irritated my skin. I hope you come with travel sizes so we can try it!

I definitely want to try this! Mists are soo important for me since it's so cold here and then the heating system inside my office dries my skin out. I currently keep a bottle of jurlique rose water and spray throughout the day. Love the tatcha one too! 

Cant wait to try try this one too😊

Oh I wanna try this and compare it to the Tatcha mist.    I love that we've got all these glow options all of a sudden! 

Ohhhhh!  This mist sounds lovely! ❤️

I like to use facial mists in the afternoon for a quick pick me up and to refresh my makeup - this looks like the perfect product for that! 😊

This sounds quite nice. I love a good facial mist!!

I love a good face mist!  Thank you for taking one for the team and testing those nozzles.  I think we all have tales of being drenched or gently spat at by a janky nozzle!

Hi @michelleshops,

We couldn't agree more! Which is why we tested dozens of nozzles so you can have the best experience possible!

xo,

Team Wander

This sounds interesting! I am just starting to use facial mists and I love that this one has ingredients that are beneficial to my skin.

Sounds nice and interesting. Is the lavender and avocado smell prevalent?

Hi @Samtian

Not at all! Glow Getter Mist has a light and natural rose scent.

xo,

Team Wander

I've used a luminous mist in the past, from a different brand, but it was ineffective and had too much perfume in it. I really like the fact that this one doesn't have synthetic fragrances. And wow, I didn't know primrose oil could help hyperpigmentation! This definitely sounds like a product I need! Haha.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 3.43.36 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 10.25.16 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 6.09.22 PM.png
testing