aviscardi

Bare Minerals matte fdn

[ Edited ]

Has anyone tried the loose matte over BBs? I wore it a long time ago and then stopped wearing it after a year because i didn't have the time to buff away. so Im thinking about wearing it again. I wore med beige but added med tan in (which was too pink). So im thinking of checking out the colors in Sephora, maybe i can add in another color like golden medium, i think golden tan is too dark.. Any suggestions?

i also noticed there are new shades that i don't remember seeing when i first wore it. SO i was looking at light and wondering if that would be too much lighter than med beige.

dianabt

Re: Bare Minerals matte fdn

(0) Hearts

Hi aviscardi, 

Try the face chart that connieconcon posted below to get an idea of what shade you may be- I honestly recommend you go to the store to do a color match since you will have a better idea of what coloring you are (medium, light, golden undertones, etc.) and so you can be sure it blends onto your bb cream. :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
connieconcon

I'm currently using it as a setting powder for my concealer and then I use mineral veil over my whole face.  I'm using coverFX liquid foundation right now since buffing was too irritating for my skin right now.

They did expand their range of colors over the years and the matte colors are slightly different than the original colors sometimes, so if you can get to a Sephora or to a BE boutique, it would probably be easiest to just get a color match than guess your color online.

Have you see their new color charts?  This is one of their more recent ones.  Hope something I said helps!!  swfupload_8418953976408729694.jpg

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

yes buffing was always an issue with me for time. But i figure setting it might work better. i have seen the chart. I feel like golden med was too yellow which is why i wasn't sure of light. i guess il go check it out in store

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

Golden medium is definitely one of their most yellow colors.  I think you'll have a lot more success finding a color when you get color matched again.  Before Golden medium came out, in the summers, I had to mix my own colors between several different powders.  Good luck!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

yea thats what i did. Golden medium is definitely very yellow. I blended out all the swatches on my hand and Gold Med. stood out. Med beige is a touch too light and may work but it lacks yellow so id probably have to mix something with it

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Golden Medium to me is much better suited as a corrector/neutralizer shade for those with redness or rosacea. It's even nice to mix with the Deep or Dark colors if someone wants to tone down the red undertones in their skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • aviscardi
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
Photos1
  • swfupload_8418953976408729694.jpg