biancahart

BLACK DOTS IN BEAUTYBLENDER?!? HELP!!! EWWW

HI,

So, I've had my BeautyBlender for only a short period of time now. Recently, I noticed little black dots in blotches are over my beautyblender (BB). I wash my BB once a week with all my other brushes. I put my BB in the little container it comes in when I ordered it (I did not buy the specific brush cleaner for the BB). Then the other day I saw black dots in it!? I'm in complete shock! Is this....bacteria?!? I paid like 35 dollars!!!! Ewwww! If it's bacteria, I def don't want to use it. I'll probably buy another one, but how can i prevent this from happening again! Help please

Thxs,

Bianca

biancahart

Re: BLACK DOTS IN BEAUTYBLENDER?!? HELP!!! EWWW

The first time I cleaned my BB, I let in air dry on a paper towel. After that, I put it in the container and put the lid on it...and that's when I noticed the black dots. Thank you!

dianabt

Definitely let your Beauty Blender sit out for a little bit, I'd say overnight and even through part of the day so that it is fully dry on both the inside AND outside! You can put it back in its container but maybe leave the lid open on top so it gets more air and to prevent bacteria from growing.  :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

(0) Hearts

Are you putting the BB right back into the container and closing it off/sealing it after each use? If you are, it could be a build up of moisture from product (ex. foundation) trapped in the enclosed space causing mold to form.

If you like the BB itself and wish to get another one, try to store it in the open air after use and if you have to store it in the case for any reason after you washed it, be sure it's absolutely dry. If you're travelling with it, try to open it up and set it out once you reach your destination.

Also, check out the cleanser made to pair with the BB, this will ensure a deep, thourough clean and keep bacteria away.

http://www.sephora.com/blendercleanser-P228914?skuId=1151885

dianabt

Hi BiancaHart, 

It's very possible that your BeautyBlender hasn't dried completely and that there possibly COULD be mildew or bacteria on it.

How do you let the BeautyBlender dry? When washing my brushes or sponges I let them air dry hanging downwards or laying flat in the sun where any extra moisture will be dried thoroughly and the moisture will be dried as well.

beautyblender®

You may just want to invest in the BeautyBlender cleanser as well since it is specially formulated and designed to keep your BeautyBlender clean!

blendercleanser®

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • biancahart