Answer
MizzyyzziM
Accepted Solution
BB Cream recommendation for very fair combination skin

Hello Sephora Experts and friends,

I'm still fairly new to beauty products and am making leaps and bounds except in the area of a good BB cream / Concealer / Foundation / Face Primer / Powder. 

In my local Sephora I was turned onto using Sephora Luminous Foundation Primer which I love and love the smell of, its slightly sticky until it dries then I put on Liquid Clinique Shade 01 Concealer, I was also sold a foundation brush (Which is so much better than my fingers). And felt set for life, for 2 weeks. Then in a hurry a few times my cell phone and clothing would have streaks of foundation across it and I fixed that problem with a light drugstore powder fair powder shade in a hurry.

I'm just not happy with what's happening. It seems all this stuff is making me break-out a little bit and I can't get that pore coverage as I have a visible pore problem. I'm a fast paced person and would just loved to have one cream to even my skin tone as I have dry-ness on my forehead and nose. And oiliness in my cheeks, lip area and chin. I call it a reverse T-zone. 

My nationalities are Irish and Romania and I don't have freckles on my face. But my skin gets noticeably pink on my forehead and nose and a bit shiny though its not oily. And my cheeks and chin are oily and break out but not shiny. Its a nightmare.

I was considering buying Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Finland or Alaska I'm not sure which as their description for color is the same :smileyfrustrated: Isn't there a one stop foundation beauty product I can use? To illuminize, buy not over shine, even out skin tone, give me some protection from the sun and not make me break out?

I can't keep up with a pore minimizer (I especially hate the bestselling pore-fessional and Too Faced Primed and Poreless thought I love their other products so please nothing like that), a primer, a foundation, and a finishing powder, or setting spray. I would settle for two maybe three things. But not four. I feel it would just be too heavy and expensive to keep up. 

I feel desperate and would like some good advice and to even hear similar stories. I plan on asking about a few things in the store in person but the best database of information is here online. I don't want to waste too much money as these good BB's go for 40-75 dollars. I need the right one.

Warm Regards, XOXO

Melissa Darnell

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
kimberlibri
Answered
(0) Hearts

Melissa-

When I typed my question and got the search results I completely was blown away by how similar our complexions (and complexion problems) are! I, too, am part Irish and prone to redness. I, too, have fair skin and visible pores. I, too, have a reverse T-Zone (I thought I might be the only one!) and am fairly new to the new generation of makeups! I, too,was looking for a BB full coverage cream that evens my skin tone. Lately any foundation I try looks cakey and really dry on my forehead and nose. If the Nars BB cream worked as well for you as you say then I"m definitely going to try it. As for a finishing powder...I've tried a ton of those too.  I found one I love right at the drug store -  Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Finishing Powder. My first purchase was medium and it's too dark but I'm definitely going back for the light. It feels...almost wet going on. I know that sounds strange but I love how it looks and re-applying doesn't make it cake up. If you've found anything else I would love to hear about it because I think, complexion wise, we might be twins seperated at birth! I have always called my combination skin a 'Reverse T-Zone and was floored when I saw that in your post.

Regards,

Kimberlibri

(Kimber)

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • megcee
    • queenofcouture
    • kimberlibri
    • MizzyyzziM