dpp4v

At home facials

Hi Ladies, 

I am a student at the moment so I don't have the luxury of getting professional facials, but I have had facials in the past and always love how my skin feels afterwards.  

So I'm looking for any tips you have for at home facials.

What are your favorite products to use and what order do you use them in?

I am 23 with combination skin (oily T-zone and dry cheek/mouth area)  and still have acne problems so product recommendations specific to my age and skin type would be appreciated!  

carolang

Re: At home facials

You sound like me! I alternate between Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal mask to help soak up the oily areas, and on the dry areas I use Origins drink up mask. If my acne is acting up I'll use Proactiv's sulfur mask

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

I've used the Boscia Black Mask and its awesome!! It leaves my skin smooth and the mask is really fun to peel off =)

sofie91

(0) Hearts

Hi, one of my favorite mask from Sephora is Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask.  It makes my skin feel clean and soft, even it has a bit of minty smell, but wont make your skin over dry at all. It helps getting rid of blackhead and unclog pore.   Use 1-2 times a week

janinebt

Hi dpp4v,

My all time favorite face mask is Origin's Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask. It's ideal for combination skin and does a sufficient job of keeping my skin healthy and clear. I generally use this product 1-2 times a week.

swfupload_2699319131020813965.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
starletta8

(0) Hearts

If you're near a Lush store- I'm a huge fan of their fresh face masks.  I'd recommend Cupcake to you based on your current concerns.

I'm not able to give good product suggestions for acne-prone skin since it's been awhile (thank god). I will suggest that you search "facial massage" and add that to your facial routine.  I do it with a Shiseido Firming mask 2-3 times a week and it's a total treat.

newermexico

(0) Hearts

Honey,

several tsp. on a saucer...left out to be some what dry (think tacky Elmer's glue) ...put hair back, slather on face, put firmly your whole hands/palms/fingers against cheeks pull straight out/off, over and over working all area's. This removes the dead skin, unblocks pores, exfoliates, softens skin, etc's...the more you quickly pull off yours hands from your face the better it works. Trust me and do this behind closed doors- the sounds of quickly pulling yours hands from your face and honey threads will make you crack up as you stand in front of the bathroom mirror working it. Rinse well off following then cotton balls soaked with witch hazel. Start with short durations to see how your skin reacts...

And then there was...egg white facials, or refined/household white sugar scrubs, - flashbacks of the 1980's...

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Aside from my daily skin care of cleansing (Renee Rouleau's), toning (Clinique's #3), and moisturizing (Clinique's Dramatically Diff Gel) all used twice a day, I use Murad's Pomegranate Mask twice weekly.  It hydrates the skin without causing more oily spots, and it uses fruit enzymes to gently exfoliate.  I haven't had a single blemish in a month now...and that says a lot!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt
    • starletta8
    • newermexico
    • carolang
    • dpp4v