prosopon

Applying liner/shadow under the eyes

(0) Hearts

For my daily look, I wear eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow on the lids of my eyes only.  Any time I have attempted to put something on my lower lashes line -liner, mascara - it just seems to either make my eyes look really small or I feel like it accentuates lines under my eyes.  Is there a way to apply something under my eyes for a more dramatic look with out the negative effects?

prosopon

Re: Applying liner/shadow under the eyes

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the suggestions.  I will definitely look into a brown pencil and highlighter pencil.

dianabt

Hi prosopon, 

Have you tried using a brighter highlighter pencil in the inner corners, or another line of coloring other than black or dark brown? I use a lot of dark liner to minimize my eyes but adding a pop of color on the lower lash line or a gold/champagne highlighter can really open them up as well.

Take a look at our Sephora Collection Jumbo Liner #20  Beige Glitter

swfupload_5817020984437283118.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
miabt

Hi prosopon,

I would suggest trying a brown shadow right beneath your waterline to blend out the harsh lines of the black, to make it a bit more wearable.  The Lancome Black Coffee that DeltaGammaGirl might work perfectly :smileyhappy:  

Lancôme - LE CRAYON KHÔL - Smoky EyeLiner

http://www.sephora.com/le-crayon-khol-smoky-eyeliner-P54403?skuId=137141

Another great product that is blendable is the Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner in Mahogany Brown

Laura Mercier - Tightline Cake Eye Liner

http://www.sephora.com/tightline-cake-eye-liner-P285323?skuId=1323229

Hope that helps!

xo, Mia

DeltaGammaGirl

I like to use a deep brown eyeliner pencil (Lancome Black Coffee) Because it isn't as harsh as black, so it still is a more dramatic look, but it doesn't draw as much attention as a stark black. I still wear black liner on the top and it is barely noticeable that I wear brown on the underneath! It is just a tad bit softer to avoid drawing attention to the impossible to avoid, fine lines under the eyes! 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • dianabt
    • miabt
    • DeltaGammaGirl
Photos1
  • swfupload_5817020984437283118.jpg