pudgeybutkute

Application Technique

I recently purchased the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15. I used the Sephora Pro Foundation brush #47 - recommended by the esthetician who assisted me. However, when applying with a light hand it leaves streak marks. Any suggestions?

pudgeybutkute

Re: Application Technique

(0) Hearts

Thank you ladies for your advice I greatly appreciate it!!

MarB87

(0) Hearts

I used that foundation before the one I’m using now. I really liked it, but unfortunately it made me break-out. When using the Amazonian Clay Foundation, I applied it with Tarte's Airbrush Finish Bamboo Brush, as recommended by a Sephora employee:

273.jpg

The brush worked really well with the foundation. I applied it in circular motions all over my face and achieved a really smooth, dewy finish. Also, one of the ladies recently posted a thread stating  that Tarte has a 30% off Friends and Family sale right now. Hope this helps!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

How much product are you using? Are you applying the foundation direct to the brush? If so, dispense a small, dime sized amount of foundation into a palette or back of your hand, using the brush, pick up a small amount and apply it onto the areas of your forehead, each cheek, nose and chin. From there, using a rotating and buffing motion, distribute and spread the product outward to the hairline and outer portions of the face.

The constant rotating and buffing pattern will keep a soft diffusion of utilizing the brush and prevent brush strokes and streaks. If you find the bristles of the brush to be too loose or soft, hold the brush toward the base of the bristles, helping it feel more dense and compact so you have a firmer grip on distribution.

LKuhle

I remember you posting about this a couple days ago. I think there were a lot of good suggestions here involving fingers, beauty blenders, and other brush suggestions: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Application-technique/m-p/585169#M2308

Did none of those work for you?

melissabt

Hi Pudeybutkute-

For applications, I would dab a few dots of foundation first on your cheeks, nose, forehead and chin. Buff the foundation in circular motions spreading the foundation outward! You should not end up with any streaks.

<3 Melissa
wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

Try using the Sephora Pro Flawless Airbrush # 56.  I like to use the flat foundation brush for applying from the back of my hand, then using the airbrush to blend it in.  You can use the airbrush to apply; I just feel that the airbrush uses too much foundation.s1419407-main-Lhero.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • pudgeybutkute
    • wingatprsct
    • LKuhle
    • MarB87