Anyone Allergic to Sunscreen????

(0) Hearts

So, I have not got an allergy test done, I know I should, but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for sensitive skin and very pale......what product from Sephora best suits someone for sun protection on your face, with senstivities? Im talking face sunblock. I get a rash 1-2 days after, its usually flesh colored and bumpy, then dries up, and goes away in 2 weeks. This has also happened on my body as well. 

Re: Anyone Allergic to Sunscreen????

(0) Hearts

Hi @desirea,

My boyfriend is super sensitive to chemical sunscreens and breaks out in hives not too long after apply it to his skin. He likes to use a physical sunscreen because this doesn't give him the same reaction he has when using a chemical sunscreen.

One that I've introduced him to recently is Josie Maran's Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47. This moisturizer contains a chemical free SPF, so you'll get all the benefits of a moisturizer while protecting your skin at the same time! 

Before trying this product out you should definitely check with your primary healthcare physician to see what's going on so you can make sure you're using the best products for your skin to stay protected. I hope this helps! 

Cheers!
Nikko

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for taking the time to help out one in need!!!

-Desirea xo

I too am VERY sensitive to SPF's. I bright get red cheeks and allergy symptoms (runny nose, burning, blurred eyes etc.). Have you tried a MINERAL sunblock / screen? On the main sephora page you can do a search for Mineral SPF, or sunblock.... Hope this helps!! 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation