Answer
allieaddiction
Anti aging gift
(0) Hearts

I want to get my mom some good anti aging products for Christmas, but I don't know what to get. She has dry dull skin, and wrinkles. Any suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ChicDabbler
Answered
(0) Hearts

How old is she? If she's 40ish, first sign of aging or diminish fine line stuff probably works. If she's 50ish, actual anti-aging or things that helps with hormonal aging/wrinkle would be good. My mom had great success with L'occitane Immortelle, Murad Age-Resurgence, and Shiseido Wrinkle Resist. I think there's kit out for all 3 lines, and suggest read the description and filter by age to figure out which ones are for you. Depending on how much she like skincare, an enzyme mask is gentle and helps with dry/dull skin, I think Ren have one for mature skin.

allieaddiction
(0) Hearts
She is mid 50's
ChicDabbler
(0) Hearts
Oh, same with mine. What I just said then. To take out the extra work for you, she said she didn't see much results with Bliss Youth or Origins Age rewind moisturizer, and that Clinique/Estee Lauder ones with SPF leaves something on the face and feels like make up which she didn't like (I suspect it's the sunblock/SPF). She also liked the sample of Perricone Cold Plasma, but no more than the Murad/Shiseido, so I'm sticking with the cheaper ones until she's older. =X

I've also heard good things about Algenist, and Peter Thomas Roth un-wrinkle and PM retinol serum stuff. Retinol is good for antiaging but it's tricky and you have to be careful of usage, my mom's the no fuss type so I skipped that. If she have dry skin, then she should use serum and moisturizer (my mom have super oily skin, so she is only willing to serum in the summer and moisturizer in the winter). Mmmm, what else....ah, if she is getting dry skin or patches even with the serum and cream, try getting her a beauty oil like Josie Maran Argan oil or Tarte Maracuja oil. After serum/moisturizer, just rub 1-2 drops into the super dry areas like the cheeks etc, and she should be all set. That's all I know about anti-aging skincare up to this point.
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • allieaddiction
    • beautylovingirl