selfishwarrior

Anti-Aging for Oily/Sensitive/Rosacea-Prone Skin?

(0) Hearts

Help! I have oily skin with rosacea, and now that I'm turning 30, I'm developing fine lines. Most people say there is no way to treat aging if you have rosacea because the products will cause flares. I refuse to accept that my choices are wrinkles or blotches. There has to be something! Any suggestions?

In case this helps, my skin likes milky, calming cleansers like the Dr. Veil for Origins Mega Mushroom Cleanser and the Caudalie Cleansing Milk. I'm not so sensitive that I can't handle the occasional Clarisonic use, but more than every other day, and I get blotchy and red. 

Thanks for the help!

janinebt

Re: Anti-Aging for Oily/Sensitive/Rosacea-Prone Skin?

(0) Hearts

Couldn't agree more with beautytester :smileyhappy:. Go ahead and give Orgins a try!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Oh, and by the way--Murad's Anti-Aging cleanser is milky in texture.  Less than a dime-sized amount is WAY more than enough to use in the morning.  The moisturizer with SPF is milky, too, and doesn't feel heavy at all once you apply it.

Check out the "Behind the Brand" info on Murad.  I've been very impressed!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Blotchy after Clairsonic?  Me, too.  Craving soothing cleansers?  Yep, me, too.

I'm in my 30s, and I have more blemishes and more sensitivity than ever.  It's really frustrating!

I just put myself on Murad's Anti-Aging line for blemish-prone skin, thanks to the Associate at my Sephora store.  I use the cleanser and SPF moisturizer in the morning, and I'm adding the Vitamin C cleanser and moisturizer for nighttime.  We need antioxidants at this stage in the game, but we can't use all kinds of potions and oils without getting tons of breakouts.  ARGH!

I've been using Origins Mimosa eye cream, and I like it. But, I am switching to Korres for their formula--again, thanks to the recommendation of my Sephora store.

Also, both Murad and Korres are cruelty-free.  Feels good!

lylysa

I'm with Beautytester in the recomendation of the Ole Truth Serum, though it does contain vitamin C (which some may find touchy for sensitive skin), it's a very balanced formula with healthy and proper hydrators and conditioning ingredients as to not irritate. It's also a thinner serum so it's not sticky or tacky and will work with your oily skin.

Try looking into Murad's Redness Therapy line, the gel cleaser helps break down oil better than a creamy cleanser and it's sulfate free, infused with botanicals, and helps calm inflammation. Korres also offers a few gentle milky cleansers as well, one of them is just a regular wash while the other is a make up remover as well.

Ole's Vitamin Plus lotion helps to calm skin and give a radiant glow while promoting healing properties to the skin.

selfishwarrior

I... did not know Murad offered a Redness Therapy line. I'll have to look into that since I've never had issues with Murad products. Thanks for the recommendations!

ChicDabbler

Well, one of the most effective anti-ager is retinol, which can cause dryness and tenderness so those anti-aging products might be too harsh for your skin. However, there are other products that should help. My skin is easily irritated in the winter but I have never had any irritation from Origins products, so I suggest looking into their Plantscription serum. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum is also a good one. Clinique is a good solid skincare line, never irritates, and good for first sign of aging (but not serious wrinkles). Not on Sephora but I definitely recommend Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum (just that serum, their moisturizers are often very fragranced and sometimes rich/oily).

selfishwarrior

(0) Hearts

The only Origins product I ever had a problem with was the Checks and Balances foaming wash, which I used when I thought my rosacea was acne. That was not fun. 

You make two votes for the Henriksen serum, so I think I'll have to give that a whirl. I'm hearing a lot about the ANR, too, especially on YouTube. I may hunt for samples at Nordstrom. 

Thank you for the help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • selfishwarrior