angbal

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade: DarkBrown vs. Ebony

Hello! I need helping choosing between the Dark Brown and Ebony Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade. I have fair/light skin and almost black hair. My eyebrows are very full and dark, and I like them to look as natural as possible. Currently, I use the Benefit eyebrow palette, but I can't seem to get the "ombre" effect I would like to have with my brows (light to dark.) I am worried the dark brown will be too warm for my blackish hair, and unsure if the ebony will be too harsh! Thanks for any help!:smileyhappy:

p.s. If there is any other product that would be better for my intended look, please let me know!

ivyxox

Re: Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade: DarkBrown vs. Ebony

I have black hair and I remember the SA tried Ebony on me and it looked really natural. I didn't go for it because I don't see the difference between this and a gel liner lol. You can also try illamasqua brow cake which can be used wet or dry. The color selection is amazing.

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Hi, angbal!

I use Chocolate in ABH Dipbrow and I find it to lean quite warm you can see it in many of my photos (especially in the "what are you wearing today" thread) if you want to see how it looks on. I personally think you might be better off using either Dark Brown or Ebony! Just remember to use a light hand and build it up to your desired intensity.

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Thank you for posting the swatches! Dark brown is more ash while Ebony is very dark and still cooler tone but, its almost black/grey.

<3 Melissa
IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

I think it is the best picture to help decide which one works best for your personal brow and hair colour, I cannot wait for the new colours to come out this fall!

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi angbal,

The swatches IAmLadyLiterary posted are extremely helpful! Thanks for posting those.:smileywink: I think if you are wanting a natural looking brow, the Chocolate shade would be perfect for you. Chocolate seems to be more of a neutral-tone with an equal amount of warn and cool tones. :smileyhappy:

upload_2126828735222357804.jpg

Best,
Randee
IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

No worries Randee!  Someone else posted it at one point and it helped me decide what colour to get, personally I use chocolate because my hair is a dark brunette and I want my brows (naturally dark blonde) to match my hair colour, I am one of those ladies that love really dark defined brows. 

caperella

(0) Hearts

I'm very fair with dark brown almost black hair and eyebrows. I ordered the Dark Brown online thinking that it'd be a great fit and that Ebony would be much too dark based on swatches. Wrong. I found Dark Brown to be far too warm (red/orange) toned. I exchanged it for Ebony after trying it in store and I'm much happier. A little goes a very very long way, though. :smileyhappy:

IAmLadyLiterary

The Dark Brown is quite cool toned, but maybe this will help you a bit.  

55963b3fcfaa746b619b5ec9b1836560.jpg

carrieloulou

[ Edited ]

I went with Ebony because browns tend to get a little red on me.  

But I didn't view them in person, my nearest store is over an hour away, so I just looked at a ton of swatches and read a few posts.  

It works great for me, a teensy bit is all you need.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • ivyxox
    • carrieloulou
    • caperella
    • IAmLadyLiterary
    • LariTheLoud