Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

beautifyme123

Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

So I always get told how girls are doing their eyes,lips,contouring etc...

but is there a good way to take of makeup without over drying your skin ,scrubbing to much,tugging on your eyes to get all the mascara off and eyeliner?

i always suffer the next day my skin gets more oily my eyes get more puffy,and the dark circles look worse, what's a girl to do, to get a clean face after wearing full face makeup during the day.

any help and tips would be great!!!

mberteig

Re: Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

Hahaha!!

FireSpinner

Re: Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

Haha so true. :smileytongue:

DTalksAll

No matter how drunk or tired I am, I ALWAYS remember to take off my makeup before bed. I may not get all the gunk off my eyes from tightlining & waterproof mascara, but I do try to get most of it off. 

& I never wash my face in the shower, the water temp it too high and I always end up with conditioner all over my face, so I need to wash it again, besides it wastes too much water... 

wendyomgwar

I swear the Olay wipes are the best thing for getting rid of heavy makeup, I usually use them when I've worn foundation or for Halloween. On a day to day basis I use an oil based eye makeup remover and the Cover FX makeup remover, its a foam and the best thing ever for getting off makeup. 

olivanova

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love Olay wipes! They are the only ones I tried that are both gentle and get the job done!

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I usually just wash my face with my cleanser and that gets mostly all of it off. If I have any leftover, I will use my Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover on a cotton pad and remove it that way.

MakeupLvr17

I swear by coconut oil for taking my makeup off. I don't like using the wipes and other products because they irritate my eyes and I just dont feel like they take everything off. I use a cotton swab, dip it into some coconut oil, and rub my eyes and face. Everything comes off! I love coconut oil for taking makeup off, and it does a lot of other things too! Good luck!

janinebt

Hi beautifyme123,

I always start off by removing my makeup with a removal wipe. There are tons of different ones on the market but my favorites are the Sephora Collection removal wipes. I can generally remove most of my makeup with just one of these guys, but I'll use two if I'm wearing a more 'extreme' makeup look. Following this I'll hop into the shower (usually I'll use my clarisonic in there for a deeper facial cleansing). When I get out of the shower I will go along my lash line with a Q-Tip soaked in the Sephora Collection, but the new Sephora Collection Targeted Eye Remover Swabs effortlessly combine both steps! This is an excellent way to make sure you're removing all traces of pesky makeup.

swfupload_7398925574446594483.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/express-cleansing-wipes-P276322?skuId=1258334

swfupload_9219008811120651134.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1479112&productId=P378041

Whimsically yours,
Janine
invisiblebike

Second/third/fourth everyone who recommends Take the Day Off Balm. It really melts the makeup off, and it comes in a HUGE jar. You only need a little for it work its magic, so it lasts a LONG time.

While it does a good job of removing waterproof makeup, even mascara and lip stains, I tightline and it can be a stubborn to remove. I do use the Clinique Take the Day off for Lids, Lashes, and Lips and then go in with a q-tip to make sure everything's gone from my lash line!

beautifyme123

(0) Hearts

I knew all my beauty insiders would have the answer for me !!!!

you are all the best, Thanks !!!!

i will try all your recommendations, they sound soooooo good.

invisiblebike

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Glad to help! And like others mentioned, use another cleanser (like a foaming face wash) after using the cleansing balm or a cleansing oil. That way all of your makeup is 100% gone. I actually got that tip from Lisa Eldridge's makeup tutorials!

I definitely think the Take the Day Off Cleansing balm or any cleansing oil is a good solution for you, because you don't have to rub hard at all to get your makeup off. Just gently massage it and smooth it over your skin. It's such a great product, and gentle enough for sensitive skin (which I have!).

buzzbee3

(0) Hearts

I use straight Jojoba oil to take my make up off. Everything comes off! I just put a few drops in my hands and rub them together, then massage it into my face. Rinse, then cleanse as usual. No tugging, or harsh rubbing. You can find it at health food stores, whole foods, & I've even seen jojoba oil at trader joes on a few occasions.

theramenlover

[ Edited ]

Hey! I would definitely suggest double cleansing or using a nice cleansing balm if you wear a full face of makeup especially if you wear a separate SPF! 

i see someone recommended the Clinique cleasing balm which is good for makeup removing but you'd definitely need to follow that up with a gentle cleanser after, like a gel or a milk based one. I really love the Ren cleansing balm as well! 

I tend to soak a cotton pad with some eye remover(love the NARS one) and then use a makeup wipe just to get rid of makeup (I use the Simple cleansing wipes from the drugstore) and then I'd go in with the Ren cleansing balm! Depending on how my skin is after, sometimes  I will use a gel cleanser after or the Caudalie milk cleanser :smileyhappy:

I find it also helps to use rose water toner/mist after to settle the redness if you get it like I do and for that I use the Mario Badescu rose water mist! p

Hope you find a good routine!

helena4

(0) Hearts

ps - I did not mean to single you out.  I have been wanting to post something about my experience with the Simple brand wipes.  I am new to this whole posting thing.  

helena4

I am surprised to read you recommend the Simple sensitive skin cleanser wipes. I recently bought this product and could not be more disappointed.  

The Simple wipes are misleading.  Is says "kind to skin" "simple goodness", "No artificial perfumes or dyes"  If you turn the package over and read the fine print it says - "that will irritate your skin"

These wipes have a very strong perfume/ scent  inside them.  The smell sticks to you and lingers for hours after one use.  I tried washing my face and hand after using one but the scent stayed.  I was still smelling it 4 hours after washing my face.  

I feel that people who have sensitive skin should not go anywhere near this  product.  

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

Haha, that's ok! No worries, I don't feel like it was personal or anything.

I don't have extremely sensitive skin so I can't vouch for whether or not the Simple wipes are the best for sensitive skin types but personally, they've worked really well in terms of getting rid of my makeup and not drying my skin out. I know they do four different versions these days but I always buy the regular ones that came out first and I've never really noticed a lingering scent. 

I've tried quite a few makeup wipes before, including the Ole Henrikson and the Sephora brand ones but they don't seem to do well. I used to use the Target ones which were fine. Nowadays, I use the Koh Gen Do wipes but those are fairly pricey so Simple is what I stick with on a daily basis (for when I do wear makeup/sunscreen).

To each their own! And everyone's skin is different so for every one person that likes them, I'm sure there's another that doesn't :smileyhappy: I'm sorry they didn't work out for you though!

olivanova

[ Edited ]

This is what I do to my sensitive, acne-prone skin every night:

1. Take my eye make-up with a 2-phase make up remover (like Lancome Bi-Facil or Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips) with Shiseido cotton. I feel that way it is much gentler on my eyes. If I fell any residue, I use Pureté Thermale Soothing Eye Make Up Remover For Sensitive Eyes, which feel almost like water ans smells wonderful.

2. If I had used sunscreen or foundation on, I put an oil make-up remover (Clinique Take the day off balm), massage it for a minute and wash it off.

3. After the oily cleanser, I use a sudsy facial cleanser, currently Peter Thomas Roth, which also needs to be massaged for a minute and rinsed of.

4. Pat my face dry with a paper towel (my skin is acne prone, I feel that it is more hygienic).

5. Apply my skin care regimen.

To avoid scrubbing, it's better to use face washes that contain exfoliating ingredients (but no scrubbing parts).

beautifyme123

(0) Hearts

How long does it take you to remove your makeup with the oil cleansers ?

is it faster than the wipes alone ?

olivanova

(0) Hearts

Nope, make-up removing wipes (if that's what you mean - my favorite is Olay Sensitive) are much faster, but if I use them several days in a row, I feel that my pores clog, since wipes can't get all the junk out. So they are the bedstand cheats for when I'm too lazy to wash my face properly.

I don't use oil cleansers on my eyes - only facial cotton with the appropriate eye-specific product.

beautifyme123

(0) Hearts

Do you use the Clinique as well as the wipes, I guess that's what I'm trying to ask is it one or the other or is it Clinique as well as the wipes?

olivanova

(0) Hearts

Nope, I don't use the wipes in my regular routine - I'm not sure where I had confused you in my initial comment. Sorry if it wasn't clear!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 45 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • ashhay
    • theramenlover
    • wendyomgwar
    • drrragon