beautifyme123

Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

So I always get told how girls are doing their eyes,lips,contouring etc...

but is there a good way to take of makeup without over drying your skin ,scrubbing to much,tugging on your eyes to get all the mascara off and eyeliner?

i always suffer the next day my skin gets more oily my eyes get more puffy,and the dark circles look worse, what's a girl to do, to get a clean face after wearing full face makeup during the day.

any help and tips would be great!!!

person11

Re: Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

Plain ol' wedge sponges are like magic erasers for your face.  A damp sponge gets all of my leftover eye makeup off, especially under my eyes.

pinktorridora

Re: Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

(0) Hearts

I swear by Bliss' eye makeup remover. Its a gel, that you can put in the fridge for extra soothing. It makes even waterproof makeup melt away.

P.S. I order the Professional size from Bliss, better value for your money.

image.jpg

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I only used this until I found cleansing waters. I loved how cooling it was, and if you kept it in the fridge it was a great depuffer! 

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

Definitely try ponds cold cream. I just tried it out and it's amazing, very moisturizing and has a lot of diff. uses. It was less than $7 :smileyhappy: 

VTK084

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I too use coconut oil (works way better than even the established brands *cough* Lancome *cough* Clinique).  Comes off in 1-2 swipes.  I buy extra virgin coconut oil.  Last night I tried it as lotion and my skin feels amazing. 

CherelleDallas

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

vaseline11.jpg

Use plain old vaseline & a wash towel.

This is what actors use on broadway. Seen this on the Wendy Williams show.  Dont waste yourmoney on other products. Seriously.

DTalksAll

Great tip, but be careful! I used to use only vaseline to remove my eye makeup, now only in a pink, and never for the rest of my face. It's really heavy for the delicate eye area and I always get a milia breakout in the spots where I used it. So yes, it's effective, just use sparingly, or only in an emergency. 

mafan

I agree.  A petroleum based product can really clog up your skin so make sure you remove it completely and wash afterwards.  I hate having this stuff on my skin -- my hair dresser uses it as a barrier to keep perm solution away from my face.  I don't want a barrier product on my face and just hate the way it feels.

I love the Take The Day Off balm from Clinique.  Definitely one of the best beauty purchases I've made this year, if not the #1.

sulfate

I have not tried Bioderma, but Koh Gen Do's cleansing water is far superior to Caudalie's.  No residue and takes everything off easily.  I use the liquid with Shiseido cotton (also a must have)  

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

This!!!!!!

ashhay

(0) Hearts

I first use baby wipes then noxema for sensitive skin. Then I apply cold water for a rinse followed by witch hazel as a toner. Next I apply whatever night time treatment I think my face requires which could be my prescribed clindamycin or skyn Iceland oxygenating night cream. I also drink one to glasses of water to help my internal organs do their job while I sleep. When I do this like I should my skin literally glows the next day and I feel lovely......on the days where I just wipe off my makeup only......not soo much!

ghkim

(0) Hearts

I used to use cleansing wipes but found that it caused me to tug on my skin too much. So now I use a cleansing water or micellar solution (currently using bioderma but have also used/loved the caudalie one) on a soaked cotton pad. i run that all over my face to remove all my makeup. i supplement with lancome eye makeup remover if i am wearing mascara or a lot of eye makeup. then, i cleanse with my normal night time cleanser. 

i used to skip the makeup removing step but found that my face wasnt entirely clean after just a cleanse. i also like having makeup remover/cleansing water around for lazy nights when i just want to pass out. it's so easy to swipe your face with it that there's no excuse not for me to at least remove my makeup before going to bed.

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I use a biphasic eye makeup remover, apply it to a cotton ball and use that to remove my eye makeup.  It usually takes a total of 2 or 3 cotton balls to remove it all.

Then I wash my face with my normal facial cleanser, which also removes makeup, to take off the rest of the makeup. 

I recently bought some coconut oil, it sounds like it works really well for some of you, but I'm not sure how to use it.  It is a solid and if I just dig a little bit out, it quickly turns into an oily mess all over my hands and face.  What's the best way to work with this stuff?  Thanks!

KrispiKreme

(0) Hearts

If you're having trouble with it, I would suggest running the jar under hot water to liquefy it before using. It's definitely something that you have to get used to. Pour a small amount into your palm (about the size of a nickel or quarter) and use the fingers of your other hand to massage the oil in until you have it all over and then you can use both hands to really work the oil in.

KrispiKreme

(0) Hearts

Add me to the list of oil users. I usually use jojoba oil.

1. Wet face

2. Pour oil into hand

3. Massage over face

4. Massage over eyes and feel all of the gunk come right off

5. Open your eyes and make GRRRRRR faces in the mirror because that eye makeup will look crazy all over your eyes

6. Wet a washcloth with hot water and wipe all of the oil away

You really shouldn't need any moisturizers or anything after that and it doesn't burn/sting. If you wear contacts, you may have some blurry vision for a while if you get the oil in your eyes because it will coat your contact lenses for a bit.

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

The only thing I use to take off my makeup: Coconut Oil. Unrefined, cold pressed, Walmart bought coconut oil.

Why? Because it's an oil, it takes off EVERYTHING in one go. Even my stubborn Urban Decay waterproof eyeliner. My lips have no stands after I use my lipstick and my skin feels super soft to boot afterwards. This is what I do.

1. Get a warm wash cloth, put it on my face for a few seconds.

2. Get the coconut oil (if its not hot in your house it will be a soilid, if it's hot it'll be a liquid or kinda weird in texture) and just put it all over your face, or where your makeup is.

3.  Rewet the wash cloth with warm (warm more so towards hot for me) and just put it on your face

4. Let it sit (you don't have to, but my skin feels better after)

5. Wipe.

And that's it! Everythings off. 

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

This is my go-to product for eyes and stubborn lip colors!

http://www.sephora.com/take-the-day-off-makeup-remover-for-lids-lashes-lips-P122735?skuId=48074

It's gentle and works great.  There was one waterproof mascara that didn't come off so well with it (a sample I got) so I just stopped using the mascara.

My face wash is Say Yes to Cucumbers Milk Face Wash, it's really gentle but helpful.  I also like the Jose Maran Cleansing Oil, neither of these leave my skin dry - just clean and soft.

helena4

(0) Hearts

Beware of Simple brand Cleansing wipes.  Not good for those with sensitive skin.  

the Simple - Cleansing wipes for Sensitive skin.  I think these wipes are very irritating - mainly because of a oder , or scent that seems to be part of them.  I tried using just one and could not get rid of the awful scent.  

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

I like an oil-based cleanser that takes off everything  - face, lips, eye make-up and swipe w/ a soft microfiber cloth. Easy peasy. I go to bed w/ make-up less than once a year. No matter how tired I am I drag myself to the bathroom and force myself to get my face clean. I might skip the rest of my usual nightly routine though.

midnightangel

A rocker chick's guide to makeup removal:

1. Wake up at noon (because last night's show kept you out until at least 2 am), realize you're still wearing your stage makeup from the night before.

2. Utter some very unladylike language (be sure there are no children present).

3. Drag yourself into the bathroom...turning on the light is optional.

4. Pour some makeup remover onto a cotton round, cotton ball, a tissue, toilet paper, your sleeve, whatever. Apply to face wherever needed. If you don't have makeup remover, olive oil works too. So do baby wipes.

5. To get rid of gunky undereye makeup, dip a Q-tip in makeup remover, then run it under your eyes. Warning: you will probably get a little in your eyes...but it's cool since your vision is blurry right now anyway.

6. Take a shower (remember to remove any and all jewelry first). Make sure you have a good facial cleanser and use it. Say goodbye to all of the glitter, foundation, colors, hairspray and whatever else you gunked yourself up with as it runs down the drain.

7. Once you've dried & dressed, moisturize your face like crazy. And wash your pillowcase 'cause...eww.

Voilà! All done. :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 45 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • ashhay
    • theramenlover
    • wendyomgwar