beautifyme123

Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

So I always get told how girls are doing their eyes,lips,contouring etc...

but is there a good way to take of makeup without over drying your skin ,scrubbing to much,tugging on your eyes to get all the mascara off and eyeliner?

i always suffer the next day my skin gets more oily my eyes get more puffy,and the dark circles look worse, what's a girl to do, to get a clean face after wearing full face makeup during the day.

any help and tips would be great!!!

drrragon

Re: Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

From your description, your skin sounds pretty sensitive.  My favorite makeup remover that I use to get everything off, whether it be foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeliner, etc, is Clinique's Take The Day Off Balm.  I don't like using cleansing clothes or pads because like you said, on days when my skin feels irritated those types of cleansers make my face hurt.  And some cleanser formulas make my eyes burn!  The Clinique seriously takes everything off but at the same time is totally mild and won't cause irritation or redness.  

swfupload_8486035442739421182.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/take-the-day-off-cleansing-balm-P126301?skuId=886267

beautifyme123

Re: Always getting told how to put on makeup, tricks,tips etc.. But how to take off all the makeup ?

(0) Hearts

It's not the cleaning I'm worried about its how my face gets red and it hurts from all the scrubbing and wiping that's to much for my skin already, it just seriously hurts / burns the next day and I know I have to do it all over again, I end up a blotchy oil slick the next day, and I spend so much money to look like this, sad I know !!!

i will look into your recommendation it sounds good

Thanks !!!

ps. Any more good ideas keep them coming :-)

kimchikween

My surefire way of getting all make-up off at night withouth destroying my skin:

• Eyes - Neutrogena ultra-soft eye makeup remover pads: soft and gets even waterproof; you can also use cold cream
  • For long wearing lipstick - after blotting off the top layer, dap a little bit of vaseline onto your finger and rub it across your lips; after a couple of minutes (while you wipe your eye makeup off), use a tissue and gently wipe off the vaseline
  • Wash face with cleansing oil
  • Lip balm
  • Then, you can follow-up with usual skincare routine or just go to sleep (with a clean, fresh face)
beautifyme123

(0) Hearts

Can you use cleansing oil on acne prone/ oily skin without breaking out ?

beautifyme123

(0) Hearts

I wonder if there is a easy way without a thousand steps to be able to take off all the makeup in one swoosh, and not so many products that it hurts already , just one good one ?

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

If you want a simple, "one swoosh" but completely effective way, then, like @neko333 said, you'll need to wear make-up that comes off easily.  It's the price one pays when you get real high-quality, pigmented, and long-lasting products --> all the effort to take it all off.  I've looked for shortcuts in the past and they never really got my face clean.  I just surrendered to the fact that it takes just a little more time.  In the end, my face is better for it.

One facial wipe I've found better than others has been swfupload_4547253686055176957.jpg

Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Wipes - doesn't leave a residue, strong enough cloth that you can really work on hard to remove makeup a little more...doesn't get it all off, but as far as wipes go, it's make one out of 2 things you need.

Good luck!

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

Yes to koh gen do. I bought the cleansing spa water and it is amazing and so very gentle. I would love to try the wipes. 

kimchikween

Yep!  It sounds counterproductive but it's actually not.  You just have to find the right one.  I live and die by Shu Uemura - pricey but it's replaced all other cleansers for me.  They have a fresh pore clarifying gentle version for combo-to-oily skin.

I see a Boscia one on Sephora with reviews you can read.  I haven't tried this cleansing oil but have used other Boscia products.

swfupload_6414946985312734697.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/makeup-breakup-cool-cleansing-oil-P254604?skuId=1227891

I have also used Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Purifying Cleansing Oil but not sure if that will be good on oily skin.

http://www.sephora.com/flawless-skin-purifying-cleansing-oil-P280928?skuId=1314780

Definitely try to get samples before committing to cleansing oils if you haven't used them in the past.  Be sure to read and follow the directions - many are dry application that you add water to.

beautifyme123

(0) Hearts

I will look into it, I have a lot of products, I can probably open my own Sephora/ macys you name it, but I want one thing without all the steps for eyes and face and cleansers and toners and all that to get a clean face,after makeup aapplications my wrinkles are growing by the minute!!!

Lol!!!

:-()

kimchikween

I feel your pain.  I have so many products, but a lot of them are going away (or being donated to friends/family) not that I finally admitted that I don't have the skin I had in my 20s.  Now money goes into retinol, vitamin C, and facial treatments.

drrragon

boohoo I guess I should admit it too....at the back of my mind I still think "if only I could find the right moisturizer" but you really can't turn back the clock!  on the other hand i've had a really good time researching skincare ingredients and products!

beautifyme123

But with all the money we spend you would think we don't need to ache after removing makeup, let me know of anything that you can think of for aging skin, I can't believe I just wrote that especially since I also still have breakouts on my skin ,boohoo !!!!

Like I always say I have wrinkles like an old woman,and pimples like a teenager :-() boohoo to me!!!!

kimchikween

I got the harsh truth from beauticians when I got facials recently - two separate ones in two different cities.  One even showed me, CLOOOOSE-UP, where I need to start taking care of my face.  She made a good point though - just like how artists prepare their canvases before putting paint on it, we need to prep our faces before putting make up on it.  You don't want to try to cover up flaws with makeup (at least not all the time).  You want to make the skin the best it can be before the makeup.  She was like a "Makeup Miyagi"..hahaha 

drrragon

Wax on, Wax off!!!  LOL

My favorite way to camouflage dark circles, fine lines, dry skin around my eye area is to just wear my thick coke-bottle glasses.  No fuss, no muss. :smileyvery-happy:

beautifyme123

Omg!!!!

me toooooooo, I am spending sooooooo much on creams /lotions to keep the wrinkles at bay, but I worry from all the rubbing and scrubbing that retinol, vita c, won't work anymore

;-(

neko333

I use makeup wipes, mainly the Yes to Cucumbers ones since they are soft on my face. For my eyes I actually just sleep with it on. I have some raccoon eyes sometimes but then I get in the shower and it all comes off without me doing anything. I found out a long time ago I saved lashes this way because I wasn't tugging at them trying to get the mascara off. If I'm wearing a ton of eye makeup I use baby oil. 

beautifyme123

I also tried the wipes ,but they don't clean of all the makeup,and then I wash my face and I feel it's oily and not clean so I end up scrubbing like crazy, so that I don't break out, my eyes I also can't sleep with the mascara, eyeshadow etc... Because it burns my eyes ,so I clean them with the lancome makeup remover ,but on top of that I hate the smudges it leaves on my pillow cases if there is even a little left on my eyes , so I take a wipe and cream and clean of all the rest, so my face is burning and so are my eyes ;-(

even after the shower I can't seem to get eyes completely clean

neko333

Well this works for me most of the time, but I usually wear a minimal amount of makeup.  I also have to wash with a cleanser. If I do have a good bit of makeup on I'll wash my face with a little bit of product. Then I'll use my clarisonic to make sure I get it all. Oil in general will dissolve makeup really well though. I know they have cleansing oils but I've used virgin olive oil before.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 45 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • ashhay
    • theramenlover
    • wendyomgwar
    • drrragon