All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Hello beauty talk members, I see so many color threads here. I love to chat about luxury skincare products and procedures. I am addicted to trying new things and am always on the lookout for something new in skincare. 

Have a favorite luxury brand or product? 

Have a fav skin tool or treatment? Please share.

Curious about botox? Spa treatments and peels? let's share our experiences here .

We can also post good GWP's, and specials. Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

(0) Hearts

Thanks @dioradict. Good to know about Omorovicza Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

[ Edited ]

Cross posting from the deals thread...

I'm having issues uploading pictures today. Odacite has a special gift with the purchase of the new Synergie4 mask. No code is needed. The gift is a small mixing bowl, mini whisk and a brush for application.

*updated with pictures 

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

Is May Lindstrom's Problem Solver worth purchasing?

I'm trying to find an acne mask for my brother as a Christmas gift but I can't find any mask that works well for him. I've bought him Glamglow Supermud, Tata Harper's Resurfacing Mask and Purifying Mask, Origins clay mask and Boscia clay mask but none of these seem to work for my brother Smiley Sad 

(0) Hearts

What kind of acne does he have and what is he looking for it to do?  It may be that the kind of results he's looking for just aren't realistic from a mask.  I like Glamglow Supermud for a spot treatment for occasional small breakouts but for more serious cystic acne nothing replaced prescription topicals and pills and preventing the suckers from ever popping up in the first place.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@JoannaMC @jadeann @mpas @Mochapj @makeupobesessed Thank you so much for replying!! Now I really want to purchase May Lindstrom's Problem Solver Smiley Very Happy I think I'll go ahead and purchase a sample from The Detox Market before splurging on the full size. I'm hoping this will be my brother's "miracle mask" Smiley Happy 

This works incredibly well for my cystic acne breakouts - I see immediate reduction in redness/inflammation and it gets smaller so quickly. I've tried a lot of the other clay masks available at Sephora and this is the only one that makes a difference with my acne.

I first purchased a sample from The Detox Market (they sent me a baggie that had enough product for 3 uses) and knew from the first application that I would purchase the full size. For the price, I think the full size container contains a very generous amount of product.

@prti, yes! I purchased it early this year without trying it first and I've been using it 1-2 times per week since. It have congested skin in my t-zone as well as the occasional cystic breakout and this has easily replaced all of the masks that I tried before it. The results, for me, are immediate - decreased size of existing breakouts and smaller pores.  I've also used this as a spot treatment when needed.

In a word - yes.  I bought this during the last barney's event without trying it beforehand.  I figured it might not be amazing but it will likely be a treat considering how everyone raves about it.  And it is amazing.  My skin is super soft afterwards.  Like mocha, I have been using it weekly and it last a very long time.  I've done glamglow and likely every clay mask sephora has to offer and PM is the winner by miles.

@prti This is my #1 acne mask but skincare is different for everyone.

you could always try ordering a sample and giving that to him to try before splurging on a FS bottle.

i just finished my first bottle last month, which i used weekly since the beginning of January (so, approximately 32 uses)

I'm having a hard time purchasing it as well.  If I found a DTGTPU , it would push me but I've yet to find it when I sit down to look a couple times. But I have FOMO bc this could possibly be the miracle my face needs.  Struggles.    ;-)

Does anyone have an oil they recommend for combo skin?  With winter coming, I'd like to add one into my regimen.  I have an olio lusso sample I'm halfway thru. And I really really like it, surprisingly.  But I'm not quick to dive into the full bottle.  I also have a sample of ML youth dew and vitner's daughter that I am going to try out.

Jouer Daily Repair Treatment Oil is the one oil that I keep coming back to despite all my beauty fickleness.

It really moisturizes and clarifies my skin. If I use it after a light chemical peel at night, the next morning there is a dramatic improvement (far more so than if I use just the peel alone).

For skin flare ups due to allergies or eczema, I really recommend Fresh's Seaberry Oil. That stuff calms my skin like nothing else.

@mpas is there anything you want the oil to address outside of winter moisture for your combo skin?

I'm working through a bottle of Vintner's that I opened in February, and I've used Youth Dew in the past.

I don't find Vintner's super hydrating per se, but it makes my skin radiant.  The price and smell will keep me from repurchasing it, but if you're looking for something for a glowy complexion, it would be a good choice.

I used up half a bottle of Youth Dew and I didn't feel like it did much of anything for me (combo/oily).  It's possible anti-aging benefits are lost on me for the time being, but it's not something I'd repurchase, either.

@Mochapj there isnt anything special I really require, just general anti aging/hydration suitable for combo skin.  Something brightening would be ideal but its not certainly not a deal breaker.  And if its exorbitantly more expensive because of brightening properties, I will quickly pass.  

If Vitners Daughter had an usual smell I will probably pass too.  I also dont like that it is the only product.  Seems odd.

(0) Hearts

@mpas It is a little strange that Vintners only makes one thing; from everything i'd read about them they sort of tout it as the only thing you need.

I'm pretty sensitive to scents and vintners is  strong on the neroli, but if that doesn't bother you, you might like it.

if you're looking for something antiaging with brightening properties, I'd probably recommend something with a rose base. There is a REN one in particular I'm thinking of, Rose stem cell something or other, or their omega oil.

(0) Hearts

@Mochapj I'm not exactly sensitive to strong scent, I just prefer the opposite hehe.  So maybe it will work.  The rodin oil so far has been great so it would have to top that.  

I actually really love rose for skincare.  I bought the LM rose oil last year but it did not work for me by itself.  It sat on my face.  And I want something that doesnt need to be mixed with moisturizer.  I love the sisley rose mask but (price aside) im pretty sure the oil is for dry skin.

(0) Hearts

I've never heard of Vitners but it does seem odd that's their only product, no?

I received my Odacite Synergie4 yesterday and tried it last night.  Leaving my thoughts here for @vegchililover78 and others.

I used it plain so I can get a baseline for how it works.  

The mask is a light grey powder containing charcoal and clay.  As @bonafide11 mentioned below, when you mix it as instructed, it's quite thin and watery.  Once applied to the face it doesn't drip off, surprisingly.  The prepared mask smells like compressed cake yeast, (and since there probably aren't a lot of bakers on here) I would also compare it to the smell of sweaty feet.  Suffice it to say, I'll be using it with one of the suggested additives next time to cut down on the smell.

It took about 20 minutes for the mask to dry, at which point I rinsed it off.  I felt it left a little bit of a filmy residue on my skin, but after using it my pores did look and feel tightened, and my skin was smooth.  

Comparing it to the Problem Solver, Synergie is much milder.  There is no tingle at all.  With both PS and Synergie, I find the mask thickens a bit if you let it sit for a few minutes after you mix in the water - it seems to hydrate the powder.  I didn't have any active breakouts I was trying to address (which is primarily how I use PS) but Synergie did help to mattify my oily skin.

Overall, I look forward to testing it out with some of the additives, but at the moment I don't think I'd be trading my PS in for Synergie.

Thank you @Mochapj!

(0) Hearts

@luvgloss13  how are you liking the mila eye cream?!

(0) Hearts

I haven't used it yet. Opps. LOL. I mainly bought it for travel as it is in a tube. 

I have so many samples to use up. But I should purge them all and use the Mila.

How about you? Like the serum and toner? 

Smiley Happy