All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Hello beauty talk members, I see so many color threads here. I love to chat about luxury skincare products and procedures. I am addicted to trying new things and am always on the lookout for something new in skincare. 

Have a favorite luxury brand or product? 

Have a fav skin tool or treatment? Please share.

Curious about botox? Spa treatments and peels? let's share our experiences here .

We can also post good GWP's, and specials. Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thank you so much @Mochapj @Cyncyn and @Bstella Smiley Happy

I ordered the Problem Solver from Cult beauty along with the mask bowl and got the Jasmin garden free. I will update once I try it Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

[ Edited ]

@dioradict I have tried the entire line and use some of it regularly.

i wouldn't recommend honey mud if you're combo oily as its better for dry skin. I find a good cleanser for oily skin is clean dirt.

Problem solver is great for acne.  Now that my skin is under control I only use 1-2x a month.

i just started using my jasmine garden from the cult beauty box.  It smells nice but I don't think it's better than any other face mist.

(0) Hearts

@Mochapj Thank you so much for answering. Just one more question - Have u tried Tata Harper regenerating cleanser and purifying cleanser? I'm wondering if clean dirt is comparable to purifying cleanser which I love. I use SR Ceramic slip or Tata Harper cleanser sometimes mix Ceramic slip with purifying one if my skin feels a bit dehydrated.

@dioradict I don't think I've tried TH but I have tried ceramic slip

its sort of the same idea as ceramic slip, being a clay cleanser, but it comes as a powder that you add water to and can make as moussey or scrubby as you prefer, by mixing in your hands.  Because it has small grains in it, I wouldn't recommend using it to take off makeup.  I use it for second cleansing to take off makeup remover balm 

(0) Hearts

Thanks @Mochapj. I double cleanse as well and this really helps Smiley Happy I ordered the Problem solver.

I have the same kind of skin and The Clean Dirt and The Problem Solver are a must!  The Honey Mud is nice too. I would skip The Jasmine Garden facial spray - it really didn't do anything for my skin.   Order directly from her site and you can request samples of anything - they sent me generous sized samples of everything in her line when I ordered from them the first time.

[ Edited ]

So I'm almost through my first set of Odacite samples, here are my thoughts so far:

Pe+C - does nothing special for my skin, but I already knew that!

Bl+C - it didn't really help reduce my pimples, but I'm not sure if it's because they were stubborn hormonal ones. I guess my pimple didn't get worse? I think this serum also makes my eyes water!

Gr+G - haven't used it as much as the others, but I would say it hasn't done anything for me. I like the idea of the antiseptic properties, though.

Jo+L - Used up the quickest since I was mixing this with the Oleosomes moisturizer 2x/day. I really want to love this, it might not have cleared the clogged pores that have turned into trapped whiteheads and blackheads but seemed to help clear the texture away from the inside of my inner left cheek. Maybe I just need more time with this?

I wish the oily/acne prone ones worked better for me. Maybe my skin just isn't in rough enough shape to see drastic results?

I also just received samples of Pa+G, Ac+R, CaR, Bl+J and Po+R in the mail yesterday, and used Pa+G, Ac+R and CaR with the oleosomes moisturizer. My skin looked significantly brighter a few minutes after applying! ac+R and CaR looked so potent, their colours are just way different than the other serums I've sampled.

AcR, CaR and PaG are some of the more potent ones in the line, I think.

If you were to try CaR by itself, I think it will be the one that has to do with the brightness.  

I think JoL was the one that did more for my hormonal acne than BlC, but I don't dilute it at all, I apply it directly to the spots.  I understand the theory they are purporting with the moisturizer, but I feel like if skin is able to handle it at high concentration without issue, we will probably see more benefit that way. 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I actually have resorted to applying Jo+L directly over the texture the last couple of days because I don't feel like my forehead and jawline needs decongesting. That is when I saw slight improvement in my inner check texture/congestion! I only have maybe 2-3 drops of Jo+L left in my sample, I might have to order a bottle and keep using to see if my skin actually benefits from it.

I also apply Bl+C directly to pimples and if I have any left on my palm I will mix in with moisturizer. Gr+G, Pe+C I mix in.

Yesterday I applied Pa+G directly to my sunspots and acne scars and maybe it's in my mind but I feel like the acne scars have faded. I know you've mentioned in a past post that you're a fan of Pa+G! Ac+R and CaR I mixed in with moisturizer. I think I will do the same for Po+R, Bl+J whenever I test them.

Tonight I will use CaR with Pa+G and see if it's better than Ac+R with Pa+G Smiley Very Happy

The ones I really want to work are Jo+L, CaR/AcR and Pa+G. I think my skin will benefit from what they target the most. IMO Jo+L targets the root cause of acne out of the acne serums--if pores don't get clogged, then there should be minimal breakouts. 

Po+R and Bl+J I just kind of added into my order because I wanted to order 6/6 samples allowed from Fresh Faced and they seemed interesting. Should have ordered another vial of Jo+L instead Smiley Sad

I got sample of Chantecaille cream some month ago (I think, in NET-A-PORTER kit). Sample was pretty big, 10 ml (0.3oz). I`m using it and I`m completely in love! Texture is great, smell is nice, overall cream is awesome, my sensitive skin is happy. And today I took a look at full price on Neiman Marcus Smiley Sad About 362$ and it sucks. This is sad trick with those expensive samples - if you are in love, you are in trouble. chantecallie.jpg

I totally relate. I fell in love with a tiny La Mer sample and now I'm buying deluxe samples from ebay to feed my addiction! 🙊

In case you didnt know - La Mer and Chantecaille will both be part of barneys fall beauty event.  Full price but a very decent beauty bag.  I'm rationing until then (well trying).

(0) Hearts

Yes, I know and already have plans for one Barney`s bag. But overall I`m not ready to buy 400$ face cream. I better pay such amount of money to my esthetician, result will be better, I think Smiley Happy)

OMG I thought I was the only one doing that! I feed my AMorePacific Age defence cream addiction through eBay deluxe samples.

(0) Hearts

Ladies, that sounds like a good idea. Share your experience - is it much cheaper, that buy full size? And aren`t you afraid, that sample will be used, expired or something?

Buy from reputable sellers (feedback score) and you shouldnt have too much issue. I am lucky (?)that the amore has a distinctive smell, makes it easier to verify that the product is genuine. Obviously if you are going for a full size you run (IMO) a higher risk of buying a fake, more an incentive to crooks to manufacture fake items if the margin is higher, I dont think (hope) that there is no organized crime ring churning out fake pots of Amore Age defence samples to sell at $12 each. 

Picked up samples of both Sunday Riley Martian and UFO today in store and am excited to try them.

i had a pretty snotty SA, though.  I walked into skincare to ask for help and I guess it interrupted her chat with a coworker.  Asked for a sample and got a very nasty are you sure this is for your skin type, what is it??? before she would make me a sample.

@MochapjHow did you like UFO?

@Cyncynn I haven't tried it just yet; planning to tomorrow.

I wanted to give myself a bit of a buffer between it and the Martian so I'd know if one of them caused me problems.

Leaving some thoughts on UFO here for @Cyncynn (and anyone else who is interested)

Been using UFO for 3 days now, so these are still initial impressions.

After I applied it the first day, I found that even though my skin absorbed it easily, I didn't feel like my skin was moisturized.  It felt slightly tight and almost dry - just barely uncomfortable.  I am guessing this may be from the salicylic acid.

The second and third days, I still felt this, but it wasn't as pronounced as the first day.  I am using it after I morning cleanse, tone, and apply a serum and eye cream.  Normally after my serum I'd apply a facial oil and a gel moisturizer, but I've been skipping the moisturizer to see how well this works.  I did not want to introduce anything after the UFO step that might prevent it from controlling my oily skin.

I'm feeling a little conflicted.  On the one hand, I feel like my skin is sort of dry when I use it.  But on the other, I notice UFO helps to constrict the pores on my cheeks that I've recently been having trouble with.  And, it really does work well for controlling my oil/shine.  The past 3 days I've been out in the sun and yet at the end of the day my face still looks the same as it did right after I applied UFO.  The finish is what I'd call satiny; it isn't quite moist enough to be dewy, and I am usually pretty oily looking by mid-afternoon, so this impressed me big time.  

The next test with the remainder of my sample will be to see if it still maintains a satiny finish if I apply a moisturizer on top.  

Why does she care if it's the right product for your skin type if all you're asking for is a sample? Isn't that the whole point of getting a sample--to figure out if it'd work for you?