All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Hello beauty talk members, I see so many color threads here. I love to chat about luxury skincare products and procedures. I am addicted to trying new things and am always on the lookout for something new in skincare. 

Have a favorite luxury brand or product? 

Have a fav skin tool or treatment? Please share.

Curious about botox? Spa treatments and peels? let's share our experiences here .

We can also post good GWP's, and specials. Smiley Happy

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

It's on it's way to me. Happy Mother's Day to me!

Re: All about Luxury skincare! Come in and chat about your skincare, treatments, tools and products

Yay @Grahamcrackers!  I think it will, too Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Does anyone know of comparable products to the Skin Inc Pure Revival Peel that are either cheaper or available in travel sizes? I'm just about through my deluxe sample and LOVE it, but I'm not sure about spending $55 on the full size solely because I mostly only use it for spot treatment on occasional dry patches and I don't know if I'd even use up a full size before it expired. (Do gel peels have an expiration date?) This little sample has lasted me something like five months!

(0) Hearts

You might want to look into the Koh Gen Do soft gommage spa gel or the Peter Thomas Roth FirmX peeling gel. I haven't tried either yet but they both came up when I was looking at alternatives after I tried a sample of the skin inc one and loved it. Alternately skin inc also has the prep and seal set for $30 if you are concerned about not using the full size in a reasonable amount of time, would be worth it if you also like the mask, not so much if you don't. 

(0) Hearts

Does anyone have a serum recommendation for my mom? She's 45, normal to dry skin, and a few lines around the eyes. Something that won't break the bank but still makes the skin appear more youthful!

Thank you!

(0) Hearts

I would go with the Kiehl's Powerful Line Reducing Concentrate. It's a Vitamin C serum but has a very different texture than most serums. It also has a warming feeling when you put it on your skin. I love it!

(0) Hearts

Herbivore Phoenix Cell Regenerating Serum

http://www.sephora.com/phoenix-cell-regenerating-facial-oil-P400204?skuId=1755206&icid2=search_searc...

My mom and my grandma loves it.

Farmacy makes bold claims I got a mini set of their skincare but have yet to try it. Everything about this brand appeals to me, including the price point.

http://www.sephora.com/invincible-root-cell-anti-aging-serum-P400251?skuId=1760040&icid2=brand content_farmacy_lp_skin_care_solutions_carousel_brand:farmacy_p400251_image

I hate to bother, but I really need some help with starting out a good, quality routine. I've mainly dabbled in mid-level skincare, but I'd like to take it up a notch. I haven't tried anything that I've loved (clinique, estee lauder, josie maran), but I'm a fan of Ole Henriksen.

I have combo/oily skin, super oily T-Zone but dry cheeks. My main concerns are discoloration around my mouth, a hint of dark circles, and really bad scarring (from tweezing) in the chin area. The scarring is definitely issue #1. I'm 22 years old, and I'm planning to spend ~$300- $400 for a full routine (day and night, if possible).

I'd really appreciate any recommendations!

(0) Hearts

I'd do like this:

Start by double cleansing:

Cleanse: Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser (it's conditioning so won't dry out your cheeks) $20ish dollars

Cleanse: Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip (it has clay in it to deal with the oily areas) $50

Tone: Biologique Recherche P50 to deal with the discoloration ($50). You could also use the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Pads to deal with that issue

Serum: You like Ole Henriksen so go with his Truth Serum ($50ish dollars)

Oil: Sunday Riley makes some amazing oils, for night go with Luna which has retinol $80ish). For the day you could use something less expensive, the travel size of Fresh Seaberry is only $18 lasts a long time and works great.

Moisturize: Kiehl's Ultra Daily Moisturizer. It's light so won't clog your pores ($50ish). At night I use their Rosa Artica moisturizer bc it's a lot thicker ($60ish).

Hope this helps! Should come in within budget!

I second Sunday Riley! Good Genes and one of the oils. Artemis for day and then maybe Luna for night? Sorry, I know this eats the budget but SR products are really good! I would add one more thing to this - eye cream. I haven't personally used it but have heard nothing but good things about Farmacy and I think it won't blow the bank.

Hi!

it really depends how extensive you want your routine. My mother started me at a very young age taking care of my skin and it's good that at 22 you want to get a head start.

with your concerns vitamin c will be extremely helpful as well as incorporating acids, masks, and treatment serums. 

Before purchasing a full full routine do some research. Caroline Hirons has a great blog and product information and if you want to look into k beauty or a more extensive routine read Skin and Tonics blog. Between those two you will gain some knowledge on a plethora of products and ingredients that will suit your concerns. 

Hello,

Skinmedica Lytera Brightening Complex might help with discoloration around your mouth.

ViDerm makes a product called Complete Care that is great for overall skincare. 

I have a oily T zone as well!

My routine is 

Bosica clear complexion cleanser

Fresh Seaberry Oil (use two drops as a moisturizer and it keeps the sebum production low and gives a nice dewy glow)

For small breakouts I use Eradikate (it helps prevent scarring as well)

Right now I am trying Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Deep Cleansing Bar. So far it is amazing! It doesn't overdry your skin.

Also if you need a boost for your skin, try Chanel Resynchronization. I've been using it for 2 months now and It really brightens and freshens your skin. 

I would try Sunday Riley products. They are expensive in the $100 range. You can certainly just get Good Genes and still keep your other products that you love, like Ole Henriksen. I would do the Vitamin C serum in the morning (with sunscreen) from Ole and the Good Genes at night. Then if that works out you can try the Luna oil.

In terms of cleansers and toners, I think that's less important and certainly nothing wrong with using cheaper brands.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Ohh, thanks a ton! I'll definitely try out Sunday Riley and the vitamin C serum from Ole. Smiley Happy

I am a little bit older than you (like a decade), but I use Ole's Vitamin C serum followed by Farmacy's rise n' shine moisturizer in the morning.

At night, I wash, then follow with Farmacy's anti-aging serum and then Sunday Riley Bionic. I also have Good Genes and love what it does for discoloration and overall brightening. You can combine the two, which I do about once a week.

I do, however, have crazy dry skin, so Bionic and Farmacy's moisturizer has been my savior. My skin has never looked better. I have not had success with SR's Luna or Tidal, so some of this is trial and error (unfortunately). I do happen to love what is happening with these three brands in combination with one another, so you might also consider checking out the Farmacy line along with Ole and SR.

(0) Hearts

Has anyone here tried both the Odacite 'An Autumn on the World' serum and their new Colette vitamin C serum?

I think they both have high % of vitamin C, but was wondering how they might compare, as the Colette one is not easy to come by in Canada.

Thanks!

No I haven't but I'm soon in the market for another vitamin c serum. Is it 20% the highest that it's stable? It erks me to no end when labels aren't forthcoming on percentages. 

Perricone has been ok but I'm almost out and looking for a different one. 

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure what the highest stable percentage is @dalidyli

@with the odacite they made a big deal that the Colette serum was the highest vit c percentage, but perhaps that's just within their own brand.

im also on the lookout for a vit c serum.  I have to be careful, because ones that are citrus derived tend to irritate my skin.  

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Not sure if you prefer a serum, but have you tried Revision Skincare? They make a 30% VitC.  lotion that works pretty well.

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 10.51.21 AM.png