marilyn314

Advice on shampoo and conditioner

I need new shampoo and conditioner. I have straight hair that I dye, blow dry and straighten. I was stuck between the alterna caviar, Wen, and living proof. I just want my hair healthy and to feel fresh like I just came out of the salon. Any advice?

dianabt

Re: Advice on shampoo and conditioner

(0) Hearts

Hi Marilyn314, 

With all the dying and heat treaments you use, definitely try a sulfate free formula for your hair products. I've tried the Alterna and have to say, it's one of my TOP favorites for treating my hair which is also color treated and VERY often heat styled.

The Bamboo UV+ is great for protecting your hair from fading and sun rays as well as keeping moisture in and leaving the hair smooth. I'm a HUGE fan of the bamboo uv+ color restoring mask:

Bamboo™ UV+ Color Protection Rehab Deep Hydration Masque Bamboo UV+ Color Protection Vibrant Color Conditioner Bamboo UV+ Color Protection Vibrant Color Shampoo

Another of my favorites is the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Mask which is super conditioning and smoothing as well as sulfate free to protect the hair:

Monoi Repairing Hair Mask

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
sportygirly

Re: Advice on shampoo and conditioner

(0) Hearts

I like using Fekkai and Biolage both can be found at Ulta.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • sportygirly
    • marilyn314