Answer
lorettallen
Add shine to oily hair?

My hair is normal to oily (gets oily at the roots about a day and a half after showering), but it's a bit lifeless and lacks the GOOD kind of shine. Any suggestions for a shampoo that would help with this? Or perhaps a conditioner, or a hair treatment of some sort?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
dianabt
Answered

Hello lorettaallen, 

Have you a tried a clarifying shampoo? The dry weather has made my normally dry hair very oily and I've been using a great clarifying and sulfate free shampoo that has made my hair less oily at the roots and more of a healthy shine. 

Carols' Daughter Rosemary Mint Sulfate Free Clarifying Shampoo

Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo (once a week only to remove buildup and residue but not for color treated hair!)

I also use a light dry oil mist to keep my (now non-shiny) hair with a glossy finish that won't weigh it down.

Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist is my FAVORITE new discovery! Especially great for fine hair too.

Have you tried using a dry shampoo to absorb the oil between washings? Try using the Bumble& Bumble or Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry shampoos. These are lightweight sprays that have a sort of powdery finish to absorb oils on the scalp. The Bumble&Bumble comes in a translucent or colored finish, and the Oscar Blandi is a translucent only. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 3 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lorettallen