michjkim

Acne marks all over face, want them to fade...

I really want to find some kind of product that would help fade away the acne marks on my face.  I tend to scar dark and so they show thru my foundation.  Could you recommend any products that work well (besides Clinique)?  Also, does Retin-A help with dark marks on the face at all?  I'm trying to decide if I should start using Retin-A again.  Thanks very much for your help!  :smileyhappy:)))

michjkim

Re: Acne marks all over face, want them to fade...

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate it. Right now I'm using Lancome Visionnaire as my day & night, but wondering if I should use something different as I just started this serum. And yes, I'll be sure to consult with a physician before starting any Retin-A. I will definitely look into the Murad Post Acne Spot Lightening Gel. I hope it goes well.  Thanks for excplaining Hydroquinone. I'll never forget what it means now!  :-) :-)

DTalksAll

I like the PTR retinol fushion PM & Ole Henrisken's truth serum for AM use. Gradually the two lighten up scars. (I also use the PTR AM retinol cream with SPF 30) When using retinol, start off slow 2-3x a week & make sure you moisturize 10 minutes after applying it. If you start to flake or get dry patches, cut down on applications & exfoliate. You may get more breakouts at first, your skin is just purging, give 2-3 months unless you get a rash. 

melissabt

Hi Michjkim,

Try using a product like the Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel which contains hydroquinone. Hydroquinone is a skin lightening ingredient.
If you are going to use Retin A again, I suggest that you contact your dermatologist before combining it with any other products! I did a search and it looks like Retin A does help even out skin tone.

<3 Melissa
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • melissabt
    • michjkim