Answer
Glitzzygurl
Acne and Blackheads! Need a new face cleansing regime! Help!

I'm trying to find a new/different brand for my skin regiment. I've tried so many over the years... Most recently I was using the Acne line from Murad. At first, I liked it a lot and I saw a lot of improvement - then however it started to be far too drying and was making me worse. I need something new - my major issues are: Acne, regular/daily breakouts (whiteheads, and at least once a week 1-2 cystic), very large visible pores (esp on cheeks), and so many deep blackheads on my nose (and also on chin which aren't quite as bad as my nose).

It's been like this for years and has hardly improved. Overall I'd say I have fairly oily skin (T-zone) but I know I can get dry easily and that just leads to more oil production....
I'm really looking toward using the Boscia or Clinique regimen. And yes..I have a Mia. It helps but doesn't clean my problems like it seems to do for other people. Thoughts?

I've used some Korres products before (nice/soft/none aggravating, but no major improvements). I like the Truth Serum from Ole Hendrickson - so I'm willing to find a way to keep/add this to my regime. I have the Dr Brand Vacuum Cleaner but it is mediocre I feel (It does seem like my pores look smaller right after use but I don't feel like it ever really gets my blackheads to surface and clean out). I do LOVE the clay peel off mask from Boscia (hence why I am leaning toward their line). I have used the cleanser and moisturizer from Bare Escentuals - love how they feel on my skin but don't do much to clear my acne issues. I think that Salicylic acid does not do much for me - only keeps me more dry and I don't want it in my products preferably. Sulfur works best for spot treatments for me - but that's not something I can use on my whole face. I used to use a toner from ARCONA, which Sephora doesn't carry, that I loved. However, when I tried their acne cleansing bar I got worse....Help!

I really don't know what the next step is. My skin is obviously quite sensitive. I want something very natural that will allow my face to start to rebalanced. Pref no salicylic acid, silicone, parabens, dyes, etc. I have a friend that swear by Clinique but I feel like Boscia may be the way to go for me. I don't know which cleanser and full line would be better - white or black? I know I really need a full regimen..Cleanser/serum/moisturizer and good exfoliator and mask....I just want something that I can rely on :/

Thanks for you input and suggestions! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
melissabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Glittzygurl,

Based on your skin concern and qualifications, I think that you should use the Boscia Skincare line. The Botanical Blast line would be great for you. It gentle cleanses the skin and is paraben, fragrance, sulfate free. It does not contains salicylic acid however, it will keep your skin feeling fresh and clean!

Start off with the low foaming cleanser.

product image

http://www.sephora.com/clear-complexion-cleanser-with-botanical-blast-P199612?skuId=1227909

Follow with the toner

product image

http://www.sephora.com/clear-complexion-tonic-with-botanical-blast-P199611?skuId=1227917

Finish with the treatment.

product image

http://www.sephora.com/clear-complexion-treatment-with-botanical-blast-P199613?skuId=1164094

For your black heads, I suggest using the Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips 1x a week.

product image

<3 Melissa
leasmith11
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello! I'm so sorry you are struggling with this, I know how frustrating it can be. I think first off you should try to see if this problem could be hormonal or otherwise? I was put on oral contraceptives about 5 months ago for PCOS and my skin problems (yours plus more cystic acne) are all but gone. Also drink more water. I know everyone says that but it's true. It helps so much with the blackheads for some reason. Don't wear makeup when you don't have to, period. When I go weekends without putting anything on my skin it gets SO much better, even though I wear Bare Minerals. And relax. But, you probably know all of this.

I can't say definitely, but it sounds like your skin is being 'overtreated'. I have skin like yours and if you stick to just a FEW astringent products like a treatment and a mask, your skin might calm down a lot. For people like us with sensetive, acne prone skin, regimens are the antithesis of treatment. All of the regimens I have ever used were much too harsh. Truth is, I don't really do anything on a schedule, I just 'take it as it comes'. If my skin is clogged up and not too irritated, I do a mask and maybe some differin. If it's a little raw for whatever reason, I just buff some cetaphil on and off and rinse with cool water. And I don't have any major problems now.

The 'Black Mask' has a cult following for a reason. I have used a lot of Boscia's cleansers and toners, and they are all good, very gentle which is what you need. What I can recommend from experience is the black mask and the white line of cleansers and toners. 

I use Cetaphil's daily facial cleanser. Some other products that I have been using with great success are Fresh's Umbrian Clay and the Rose Mask. The clay is a mask but I use it as a cleanser and it's wonderful. The rose mask gets smoothed over my skin right out of a shower and left on for a while, it REALLY helps your skin retain moisture and helps tighten the pores.

The most important thing in my regimen though is my clarisonic brush. It has improved my skin drastically. I see that you have one, but I don't use it how it says to, I do two one-minute cylces with a light touch, and that works for me. Also, try the brush head for sensetive skin. The way to combat your problems using the clarisonic lies in persistent and gentle exfoliation.

If you find that you are still having problems, go to a dermatologist and get some differin or prescription strength retinol. They have nasties in them, but once your skin problems go away you don't really have to use them often, you just have to clear up the bacteria which doesn't take all that long.

I really hope this has helped, and good luck with your skin! I know it really sucks but you WILL find something that works for you.

Jamie

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • Glitzzygurl
    • leasmith11