BriannaChris

Acne Scarring & Feeling Ugly

I have battled with acne for quite some time now. I have combination skin. It gets quite oily throughout the day, but super dry after I wash my face. My skin is very sensitive and any pimple I get leaves some type of scars. Some scars are worse than others, but they're all troublesome. They are very red and noticeable on my light skin. I am looking for something natural to combat these scars. I have tried a Murad post acne lightening treatment but the ingredients are just too harsh. Please if anyone can help me that would be great. I actually recently visited a Sephora and started crying to the consultant (sad right?) because of how ugly I feel. So please I BEG of help. Thanks again

anb0906

Re: Acne Scarring & Feeling Ugly

(0) Hearts

That was super helpful. You have me thinking I have a different skin type than I thought...

RisingLuna

A lot of people who "think" they have oily skin, actually arent. My skin is so much better now. I think i can really relate to you. I have a lot of scars from acne too. I wouldnt be able to look at ppl straight in the eye...i just felt hideous. I wouldnt leave the house without makeup. My skin isnt perfect. But its hell lot better. xD Now i only get acne when i have junk food. Ha ha. Im still working on my scars. But they are almost gone too.

MizzSaraiX

At this moment I cant of the top of my head tell you a brand, but I can tell you that no matter how you feel you are not ugly.  You were made with a purpose and made with love.  Beauty is confidence.  & you will find it when you realize their is no one like you in the world.  You are beautiful.  With or with our scars.  God bless you. 

melanito

(0) Hearts

Oh and do try and notice if certain foods break you out. I know I was using proactiv and they said food is not nec a factor but in my experience that's not the case. If I eat too much cheese and/or sugar (esp sugar) I will get bigger pimples. so i use my skin to remind me..to make sure my diet is balanced

BriannaChris

Thank you very much

janinebt

Hi BriannaChris,

So sorry to hear that! I would recommend Kate Someville's Clinic To Go Resurfacing pads. They are designed to dramatically resurface the skin while reducing the appearance of acne scarring. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • melanito
    • annonymous1
    • janinebt
    • beautytester