sweetheartfrost

Acne, Blackheads, and Bumps...OH MY!!

I have been battling acne, an abnormal amount of blackheads, and these small itsy bitsy bumps all over my face since about last August. It has become my worst enemy. No matter what I do, it will not go away. I try changing makeup products, which helped some... and even my skincare, which again helped some...
I so enjoy wearing makeup but they display much more when I do wear it. But if I do not wear makeup then I am left with a whole bunch of red spots (since I am so pale) all over my face due to acne scaring.
I use organic skin care from Simply Divine Botanicals and the Olay Pro X Cleansing Brush at night.
I know that some of it is due to hormones, I am on birth control, and some to do with stress.
But I have never had this extent of skin problems before.

Is there any recommendations on what could be causing this or what I could do to help it?

I don't want to spend money that could be wasted going to a dermatologist. I am willing to try almost anything other than medications.

Alygal90

Re: Acne, Blackheads, and Bumps...OH MY!!

Honestly, I've struggled with the same thing for quite a while. I don't really have any suggestions - I do like Ole Henricksen's lemon strip flash peel, always gives me a boost and makes my skin feel a bit better. Also, Murad's exfoliating acne treatment gel help some too.

Anyway, I've wanted to say that I feel ya! Totally understand where you're coming from - it's so frustrating. I'm waiting for a good sale to get the Clarisonic - there might be some hope there!

Good luck!

csb1966

Ok, I know this stuff is not at sephora, but for the last 10 plus years I have used the anti acne products from www.cosmeticsop.com . I have oily skin, am on birthcontrol, and even as my skin has aged nothing has worked better at controlling my acne I get one or two pimples a month. I do use the 3 step process religiously, and use Bobbi Brown moisturizers and sunscreens afterward (didn't really need them until I hit my 40s). People may say these products are stripping or "bad". They work. It takes about 6 weeks to see consistent results, but it works.

btmod2

[ Edited ]

Hi sweetheartfrost,

I would definitely suggest investing in a Clarisonic. I think it is the absolute best thing I could have ever done to help my skin. The Clarisonic helped ease dry patches, helped clear up breakouts and minimize pores. I have also found that when I do break out, the breakouts are very minimal and they go away a lot faster than they ever did before I used the device. For your skin type, I would recommend the Deep Pore Cleaning Brush head. It's my favorite brush head from Clarisonic because I see an immediate difference after using it.

My favorite cleanser that we carry is the Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser. This cleanser really deep cleans the skin. It has glycolic acid in it so it helps minimize pigmentation left over from breakouts. It is one of the few cleansers I have used that is meant to treat breakouts, that has not totally dried out my skin. It is gentle enough to use both day and night.

Best,

Randee

sweetheartfrost

I will most definitely be trying out the Clarisonic!!! I will see if I can get a sample of that Boscia product that you mentioned since the clarisonic is expensive enough. Thank you so much for your help!!!

sweetheartfrost

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

IMG_0449 - Copy.JPG

This is about medium for me. My face is a little bit better for me right now, but it does get much much worse if I do not keep up with it. 

The last half of the 2013 year, I couldn't even wear makeup because I was not sure if it was breaking me out. But I broke out anyways. You cannot see it but I also have little bitty bumps all over my forehead, cheeks, jaw, and chin; which can typically only be seen with makeup on. 

Half of it is scarring and the other is fresh acne. 

jenjendoitagain

Hate to go off topic, but your eyes are stunning! You are very talented and a very pretty lady!

sweetheartfrost

Thank you very very much!!!!

JayReed

Sweetheartfrost- they do twice a year, last year they did a 15% off sale in March or April and then again in December.

sweetheartfrost

I am contemplating splurging on the Clarisonic for my birthday next month. (I wish sephora gave discounts) 

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

Even though they have a higher price tag, I found mine not at Sephora since I chose to get a set, which fit me better at the other store. They do last forever, even through dropping and using in the shower (waterproof).

nikki

I got my gift set at sephora, but I liked that no matter where you get your set, you can register your product at Clarisonic's website for the warranty, and you get a $20 credit.

TrysBeautyItems

Sounds like clogged pores. Slow down the use of products, to see what product is causing the clogging. From the drugstore, Eucerin makes a gentle green moisturizer, just use a little bit and rub in, it will tone down redness so your skin can breath without everything on your face.

The Olay brush may also bee too harsh for your skin..I have both the Olay and Clarisonic and find Olay harsher and moves differently than the Clarisonic.

fhgarman

Has anything else in your medications changed recently? Did you perhaps switch birth control brands? Also, there may be a possibility that you have developed a skin sensitivity to some type of topical allergen. We can develops allergies to different things anytime in life, unfortunately. But there are great products to help reduce acne and pore problems. But if you are able, I highly recommend visiting dermatologist for an evaluation. :smileyhappy:

nikki

The best thing I've done for my skin/acne is get a Clarisonic. I've been on two different medications, one of which was ridiculously expensive, and neither of them helped. I use it daily in the morning after my shower, with the Acne brush and the Acne gel. It's been a miracle. 

amberangeline

Yes! The Clarisonic worked wonders for my acne-prone, scarred skin, too! It cleans out your pores so well and allows the treatments that you use to really sink into your skin. The Clarisonic paired with the Murad acne line cleared up my skin better than any medication ever did.

LaiceeB18

Kid you not there is a product at sephora that is devil magic!!! I was so skeptical about it but one of the workers was like would you like a sample so I was like okay sure. My nose was disgustingly black with all of the blackheads i had like they are glaringly obvious. 

Product = Glam Glow.. I'm impressed.

fhgarman

I totally agree. The GlamGlow clearing treatment (the white jar) is pore sucking vacuum!

kittichick

(0) Hearts

I just got a small tube of that in the Skin Care Favorites bag I just got! I can't wait to try it!! :smileyhappy:

LaiceeB18

(0) Hearts

That is the truth! Might invest for it now and just use it every other week maybe... i don't know but it seems like a little weapon to have.

fhgarman

I really want to buy it now (I've also been using a sample). I was so skeptical about something that costs $69. But it totally works! If only they sold it in the $19 0.5 ounce size that they make for the jar with the black label! :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • nikki
    • sweetheartfrost
    • DesertRose0706
    • amberangeline
    • kittichick