chelssss

ATTENTION LYLYSA AKA THE ALL KNOWING ONE

[ Edited ]

or anyone else who can help :smileyhappy:

Recently, I bought the Ole Henriksen lemon acid peel. I really love it, but like doing face masks 2x per week. What mask or type of mask would you recommend to compliment the lemon peel? 

fatimamummy

Re: ATTENTION LYLYSA AKA THE ALL KNOWING ONE

It might sound I'm echoing others but I opened the thread only to give you a heart and two Thumbs Up for Title :smileyhappy: 

jozkid

Heck, chelssss, I hearted you just for the title of your post! :smileyvery-happy:

notcreative

Hearting hers and yours for the same reason, lol.  Everyone knows what's up.

kittichick

What she said. :smileyhappy:

lylysa

I really am very fortunate to have such a reception here, in all seriousness. I am very humbled when folks reach out or make direct mention.

*hugs hugs hugs*

fatimamummy

And I can attest you are very helpful when approached directly and indirectly.

kittichick

And also in all seriousness, we are very fortunate to have you here. :smileyhappy:

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Chelssss, you flatter me so much! 

:smileyhappy:

What products do you currently use in addition to the Ole Lemon Peel?

What masks are currently in your inventory?

Let me know your skin type, whether you have any allergies/sensitivities, or if you're reactive to any particular products/ingredients to ensure the face masks suggested won't counteract or irritate your skin.

chelssss

OK. Here are the masks I have in my inventory, but not opposed to buying one you suggest…

FAB red clay peel mask

Origins charcoal mask

perricone chloroplasma

all the glam glows

Fresh Rose mask

exfoli-kate

PTR skintastic set (the pumpkin, cucumber, and rose masks)

omorovicza deep cleansing mask

Also, have a bunch of the Freemans: charcoal and sugar, lemon clay mask, some mineral one, and a Queen Helene.

I basically just use a moisturizer or oil after the OH peel. 

My skin type is combo. No allergies either.  :smileyhappy:

lylysa

There are quite a few options to work with, consider that because the OH Lemon Peel is a resurfacing and brightening mask with the use of chemical exfoliants and fruit extracts, you want to avoid treating skin too quickly as a follow up. For example, the FAB Red Clay, GlamGlow black/white, and Origins' Charcoal masks are all focused on purifying, detoxifying, and clarifying. If you're already concentrating on breaking out and removing excess surface cells with the OH on (for example) Monday, and you follow up immediately Tuesday or even Wednesday with a the GG Black mask, you run the risk of pulling too much from skin all at the same time (plus the GG Black has physical exfoliating particles which may end up oversensitizing skin).

Of course it's very important to be receptive to your own skin and its rhythms and cycles in terms of how it bounces back, its resiliency, and it's ability to process and repair itself.

If you end up opting for mask/peel that focuses on drawing out and purifying, give at least a 3-4 day grace period after the OH Lemon Peel.

If you want something to use within the next day or even at the 2-3 day mark after the OH Lemon Peel, try a conditioning or hydrating mask that will focus on infusing moisture and care back into skin. Options like the Fresh Rose, Perricone Chloro Plasma, GG Blue/Hydrating, and the PTR Cucumber and Rose Masks are all suitable as they're more about soothing and supporting repair. 

chelssss

You are so awesome!! Thank you so much! Out of curiousity, how do you know so much? Do you try and research the products or what? I'm jealous if your vast knowledge!

lylysa

You are too kind, it's my absolute pleasure to help!

I love to research, whether it's by looking up matters as they arise or just constantly reading up on beauty magazines and articles, I'm always willing to search.

When new products launch, I love to dive into what thy're geared toward and their formulations to see how that caters to claims and goals. I find it really helps cut down on being overwhelmed with new items and marketing. For example, if some eye cream launches and it claims to be the hottest "it" product and targets dark circles, I sift through what comprises it and whether or not I'm familiar or can seek out what the ingredients are good for. If not much goes to support the claims, then it takes down the "sparkle" and attraction. 

I've previously worked in the beauty retail field and I still continue to freelance on my own time, and a big part of my personal style and manner of operation was to never sell someone on a product just because of trends or flashy buzz words. It's also what applies to me as a consumer, if a rep approaches me and is all "This is the amazing face serum ever, it brightens to give you a healthy glow and revitalizes skin!" I want to know HOW and WHAT makes it do that, if they come back with something ambiguous such as "Patented brightening technology and complexes work to reverse discoloration from inside out", then again, I want to know WHAT goes into that "technology" and "complexes". When I worked with clients I want them to be informed, given options, and essentially be able to decide for themselves what they could see them using at-home and maintaining. 

Giving someone that basic knowledge can really take them further than just saying "You need XYZ product". 

It allows them to have something to apply in their next shopping trip or when that initial product is out and they want something different but with similar aspects. That's why I always seek to explain and provide as much as I can when contributing, being able to share this information is much better serving compared to keeping it only all up in my brain. :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 48 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • chelssss
    • kittichick
    • fatimamummy
    • notcreative
    • jozkid