Toadycat

help - new to skin care and need an antiaging/moisturizing skin care regime

I am 45 and while I get regular compliments on my skin, I feel it is time to be more proactive in keeping it this way - at the moment all I do is wash my face with Clinique hard milled soap and remove makeup with Makeup Forever Sens'eyes and occasionally use First Aid Beauty Soothing Gel. But I have been ill and I'm starting to get dark circles and a little "crepe-yness" under my eyes. SO, I don't use foundation - only eye makeup. My first purchase towards a new me was Dr. Brandt's Black Label BB Cream, then I added First Aid Beauty's under eye roller ball detoxifier and facial radiance pads. So I have cleanser, foundation/moisturizer, eye treatment, intense moisturizer, and gentle exfoliator - waiting for the purchases to arrive.  My skin is dryish, very very pale, and I am sensitive to fragrance.  What am I missing?  Have I started out ok?  I think I need an eye crème yet - what kind should I get?  I looked at Fresh's Ancienne Eye Cream which while very expensive is said to last a very long time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - Thank You and Merry Christmas!

burgundygirl

Re: help - new to skin care and need an antiaging/moisturizing skin care regime

(0) Hearts

Hi Toadycat,

I highly recommend Intelligent Beauty Labs eye cream...it is great and I just ordered my second round. Fresh is also a great cream but only used a sample of it. My beauty routine is; Exfoliate, Tone, Moisturize and protect with spf lotion.....(I personally recommend Dr. Perricone Photo Plasma) it works and lasts and has great ingredients for the skin! :-)

Keep up the skincare!

deannarp

(0) Hearts

I'm around your age and I swear by adding a facial oil at night!

Toadycat

(0) Hearts

Sorry I should clarify - the bb cream is used in place of foundation - foundation and I just don't get along.  What I really need are suggestions on anti-aging eye crème and face crème.  Or a step-by-step regime that people use - i.e., put X under my eyes, Y all over my face during day, and Z sparingly once a week - that sort of thing - I'm just clueless.

ChicDabbler

Howdy howdy, you started out great! =)

I would recommend starting to use an anti-aging eye cream. Since you just started to get a little fine line, you don't need the hundred dollar heavy duty eye cream yet. Try searching BeautyTalk for eye creams that helps with dark circles and fine line. Tarte maracuja, Fresh Lotus and Boscia enlivening amino are great ones to look at.

I'm a bit confused on the moisturizer front, I'm assuming you meant you are using FAB soothing gel since BB cream is a makeup and only to be used during the day. If you have dry skin, you need something a bit more than gel, look for a cream for night time use, and while BB cream does have some skincare benefit, it is not actually skincare so I would recommend using a moisturizer with spf under that too. Shiseido, Clinique, and Origins have some great moisturizer for dry/first sign of aging skins. =)

Clakent

(0) Hearts

There's Monsia skin renewal system! It's very refreshing and moisturizing, it comes with night cream, day cream, toner and cleanser, all anti aging and natural.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • deannarp
    • burgundygirl
    • Clakent
    • Toadycat