tynibaby

firming products for combination acne prone skin

Does anybody know a good firming serum or lotion for combination acne prone skin?

pjstpete

Re: firming products for combination acne prone skin

(0) Hearts

I have "mature skin" and the thicker moisturizers feel just awful on my oily skin. I have adult acne and currently use prescription Epiduo everyday to keep breakouts at bay. I still need to find a firming treatment that will not cause my skin to become an oily, shinny mess. I used to use the Joey New York Collagen Boosting Day Moisturizer, but now it has been dicontinued. It worked fine for me then, but now I really need a firming treatment. I also have sensitive skin in the chin area. Any suggestions from the pros?

mbjunkie

(0) Hearts
Most firming moisturizers tend to be thicker because its mainly for the mature skin. If your skin is still oily you can first add a firming serum to your regime. I suggest Chanel ultra correction lift line's serum. My mother has used this lift line for the past 5 years and results are wonderful.
oliviabt

(0) Hearts

Ole Henriksen's Three Little Wonders line provides amazing firming and anti-aging benefits. The products are all oil-free and work to resurface and brighten skin, great for any pore congestion and/or scarring. I especially love (and currently use) The Truth Serum. Check them out!

XO,
Olivia
AmyC

Ole's Truth Serum broke me out TERRIBLY and I had to return. Took weeks and weeks to get my skin back to normal.

I've had AMAZING luck with Philosophy Hope at Night Moisturizer. Does an amazing job clearing my skin as well as I see anti-aging benefits.   

tenngal

(0) Hearts

An excellent anti-aging moisturizer for oily skin types and / or acne-prone skin is Kinerase "Lotion" because it is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free and is non-irritating for even the most sensitive skin.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P234614&categoryId=B70

It will not clog your pores or cause breakouts and I think you'll really like its light texture.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

anaa

Another one by Philosophy that would be excellent is Help Me.  It would be very helpful with the acne as well as providing anti aging benefits.  I have used that, and Cold Plasma by Perricone, which is also an excellent choice.  My acne is primarily blackheads and occasional blemishes and both of these products have helped with that.  (Separately not used at the same time; Cold Plasma is my favorite).

ilovemyyorkie

Help Me has so many fillers and parabens in it. I would not recommend this product at all. I also have combo/oily acne skin and I primarily use the Kate Somerville line, greatly helped my acne and now my skin looks great and even toned and about twice a week I use Peter Thomas Roth's Retinol Night Fusion which will help firm things up and wont break you out.

makeupandbrows

You should check out the 'When Hope Is Not Enough' (aka W...

(0) Hearts

You should check out the 'When Hope Is Not Enough' (aka WHINE) serum, from Philosophy. It's Sephora's #1 selling skincare collection. This serum would be great for you, from your brief description of your skin. It's extremely light wight (feels almost like water) and absolutely NO residue! It soaks in super quick, and it uses ingredients to balance the oil production in your skin. Over time you will notice less oil in your oily areas, and more moisture in your dryer zones. If you have any scarring or discoloration, the vit. c will help to lighten pigmentation and stimulate collagen.

You could also try Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster. it's loaded with 3 different types of Vit. c to brighten, lighten and tighten! Also very light weight gel texture. For a cream, try Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. Again, very light weight texture. Not only are all of these great for combo skin, they have amazing anti-aging ingredients. Before you get a serum though, make sure you WEAR A SUNSCREEN EVERYDAY even in the winter. This is THE MOST important thing to PROTECT the results you get from the serum or cream. If you don't use sunscreen, get some first... then start the serum :smileyhappy:

tynibaby

Re: You should check out the 'When Hope Is Not Enough' (aka W...

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I will look for these items next time at Sephora.  I never used any Ole Henriksen brand before but I like anything that's light weight and won't break out.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • AmyC
    • tenngal
    • anaa
    • ilovemyyorkie
    • makeupandbrows