dolceloure

anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, collagen boosters and all that jazz

[ Edited ]

I'm turning 28 soon, and - maybe it's psychological or something - but I SWEAR this past year or so I've started to feel a marked difference in my body (my metabolism, energy levels, etc). Honestly, I don't think my skin is really showing any signs of aging just yet, as I've spent my 20s using day, night and eye creams, regular exfoliating and sunscreen...but if the rest of me is starting to age a little, I feel like my skin is going to also.

My question is, is that good enough prevention for your 20s? Should I be adding other ingredients to my skincare routine as I inch closer to 30? When do you start switching to products that specifically address aging concerns? I wasn't sure if it's better to just wait til you see your first line or wrinkle, or if there's a certain age window when it's best to start.

At the end of the day, I know it's also really important to eat healthy and get the nutrients your body needs. I'm still working on that, and trying to get out of this lifestyle:

:smileytongue:

Kiki1517

Re: anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, collagen boosters and all that jazz

Girl, I feel you! I'm turning 28 this year too and I swear my hormones are doing a 180 on me. The only place I'm seeing lines is my forehead which really sucks when it makes my foundation crease!

dolceloure

I know, it's so weird! I feel like just yesterday I was a carefree youth, never bothering to worry about my health or skincare routines. Now in the last few years, I've become very aware of how much my body is changing! Hormones getting weird, my metabolism has dipped, and eating pizza at 3 am gives me heartburn now, lol. I no longer feel like I'm made of steel. :-/

I haven't noticed any lines on my face yet, but to be honest I haven't looked too closely. If they're there, I don't want to know!! 

NYStephA

Sunscreen is definitely a must! In addition to that, a good skin care regimen is very important to prevent damage to your skin.  I suggest products that are rich in antioxidants which help prevent free radical damage to the skin (causing lines and other signs of aging skin). Also, Vit A, C and E are other antiaging ingredients to look for, in addition to hyaluronic acid.  It's important to research ingredients so you know what to look for in a product!

I always recommend natural products because there are many synthetic products out there that contain chemicals that can actually be harmful to the body and skin.  Common ones I avoid are parabens and sulfates.  There are a number of natural lines out there that have great products!  My favorite is a line called Airelle.  They really have all the ingredients I look for in a product and I'm very happy with the results.  Some other popular natural lines you can check out are Dr. Haushka, Suki and Eminence.  Hope this helps! 

beautylovingirl

It is time to turn up the skin care. I suggest that you look into products with glycolic acids and retinol. Retinol is a very strong form of Vitamin A and it is the very best product you can use on your skin for anti aging. And I hate to say it but the diet coke has a ton of caffeine  which is bad for your skin also. Believe me I felt the pain of having to cut it out to. It was like my fuel for the day. Hope this helps!

tashalicious

in addition to what you're already doing, don't forget to use a foundation or moisturizer with sun screen, and  a nice pair of sunglasses protect your eyes from crows feet.

kalex

Which products are you using right now?  If they already have anti-aging properties then you're fine.  If not, you may want to start using "first signs of aging" or "prevention" skincare products just to step up your prevention.  You don't need any of the more potent or plumping products yet but adding in a bit of retinol or such to keep cell turnover at youthful levels won't hurt.  It is much easier to prevent wrinkles, sunspots, etc than it is to go back and undo them!

And yes, step away from the soda!  :smileyhappy:

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

Right now I'm using mostly stuff from Ole Henriksen -- truth serum, sheer transformation and invigorating night gel. I'm going to use the ultimate lift eye gel once I run out of my current cream (Benefit It's Potent). I use Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate 1-2x/ week. 

I've heard of retinol, but truthfully I have NO idea what that is; I'll have to read up on it, lol. Any good products I should try out? All of my Ole Henriksen products are minis so I'm going to have to go shopping soon for some new skincare items!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • kalex
    • dolceloure
    • beautylovingirl
    • NYStephA
    • Kiki1517
    • tashalicious