njattana

Wrinkle cream in your 20s?

What is the appropriate to begin using anti-aging products? I'm 23 and definitely do not want anything extensive however I do notice the occasional lines around my forehead or eyes and would like to diminish/prevent.  So I guess my question is, at this stage is there something I should be using?

Thanks!

CaitlinBrunson

Re: Wrinkle cream in your 20s?

(0) Hearts

I'm 24 and I wouldn't say that you should necessarily use anti aging products. I think the better statement is to just take really good care of your skin and give it what it needs now. If you're healthy and develop good habits now, you won't be paying for it later. 

EllieyJelly

(0) Hearts

I use the osmotics line that is carried by Nordstrom, specifically the blue copper items.

Clakent

Your skin starts to age in your 20s so it would help to prevent. I'm 25 and I use Monsia skin care renewal system which is super moisturizing and has anti-aging ingredients so it's like 2 in 1.

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

Starting early could not help, not harm. There are no downsides to a good skin regimen.

missfawnie

I'm 24, so I know what you're talking about. Ever since I was 18, I've been told that it is never too early to start preventing/ treating wrinkles.

Like olivanova said, most of the times, it will be from dehydration or lack of sleep. So the most important thing to do to take care of your skin will be to drink enough water throughout the day, moisturize your skin properly, and sleep the recommended 7-8 hours.

However, if you would also like to use some anti-aging products, I would recommend Philosophy's When Hope is Not Enough serum. It is marketed as an anti-aging product, but it also provides loads of other benefits that we could use- including brightening the skin, toning, and helping to work on under-eye dark circles and bags. 

marydiva

I was wondering about this myself! I'm seventeen and my (male) cousin (same age) uses wrinkle cream and rogain ALREADY. 

No, he's not gay or weird or ugly or whatever, but baldness runs in the family and he's just being proactive and thinking ahead. 

Personally, I thought the wrinkle cream was a little premature though. 

I currently wash my face day/night and mouisturize with SPF on the daily. I think I'm probably good till I graduate from college. Then I'll probably invest in some heavy duty skincare products. :smileyhappy:) An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. 

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

what if youre 26?

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I think that might depend upon your particular skin and concerns. I think keeping skin clean, hydrated and away from the damaging sun is good advice for any age. What are you seeing with your skin at 26? Is it damaged at all? Maybe add some antioxidants (some moisturizers already contain antioxidants.). Do your pores get clogged? Maybe AHAs/BHAs. Are you showing any signs of wrinkles? Sometimes proper hyrdration will have an impact on that. I had some wrinkles showing up a few years ago, my skin was super dry and I didn't have the best routine. I got a good routine and eventually added retinol when moisturizing alone didn't work (I'm quite a bit older than you and have very bad sun damage from the first 10 years of my life). I wish I had started retinol a little bit earlier than I did, but it still has helped a lot.  I feel like if I had been paying closer attention I would have known to start retinol a bit earlier. But it definitely wouldn't have been at 26 for me, much later than that.

What are your skin concerns?

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

Well i've got my acne scars that i'd like to get rid of, and just to 'brighten' my face up a bit. I still look quite young apparently but i just want to take some preventative action. I haven't been taking the best care of it but i'd like to start consistently. 

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I have different skin problems to address so I'm not sure, but I'll send you a link you may find helpful. :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

Not sure I would use anti-aging items that early, but would definitely have a skin care routine that included washing my face day and night and moisturizing adequately for my skin type. I would also stay out of the sun and use a good SPF while outside.

Pretty much what olivanova said. :smileyhappy:

olivanova

Usually I think it is considered too early to start anti-aging products in your early twenties.

"Occasional" lines can be caused by dehydration and/or lack of sleep. So what I would do (and did when I was your age) is make sure you drink enough water and get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night and use a good moisturizer with SPF that suits your type of skin. That should be enough for at least another 3-5 years.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • marydiva
    • lilyyy
    • njattana
    • olivanova
    • FireSpinner
    • SydBristow