Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Would you use Vitamin E directly on the skin as a night moisturizer?

I recently bought vitamin E in liquid form. It's high quality, I tried to use it as a night moisturiser and while I like the feel of it, I was wondering if anyone has tried that before?

RE: Would you use Vitamin E directly on the skin as a night moisturizer?

I really like using Vitamin E on my skin. Like you I used to break open the capsule then speed it. I didn't get very good coverage. I found that in most drug stores & even Amazon you can purchase liquid Vitamin E. It's very affordable as well. From 5.00 for a small bottle up to about 15.00 for a large one [i recommend a small size/it won't spoil. I use it on my face & ears as well as down my chest. I've been using on & off for about 10 years. It's very soothing and is great in the colder months. Our skin tends to be much drier in the fall and winter. It's even gentle enough for use around the eyes. It doesn't burn or irritate them as long as there's no fragrance. I also love Milk Makeups hydrating oil. It's a stick & at about 25.00 it is worth a try if you're skin is very dry. Just apply to clean skin and using the stick rub it into face and neck. Instant moisturize. Good Luck.

RE: Would you use Vitamin E directly on the skin as a night moisturizer?

It's great! I buy the gel caps & just poke two tiny holes in the top of it. If you don't put the 2 holes in it it won't squeeze out as well. I wouldn't use it every day because it's a very heavy moisturizer. Plus you may want to wash your face to remove the vitamin E before putting on make up! It's really oily.

Re: Would you use Vitamin E directly on the skin as a night moisturizer?

I used to do that all the time. I believe it was the Jamieson's brand that I bought in a little jar. Thank you for reminding me of this; it was great for my dry skin!

Hi @yazzie17

That sounds like a great night time moisturizer, especially combined with vitamin C. Duo antioxidant squad working magic over night! I believe vitamin C also recycles vitamin E's radical form back into its antioxdiant form within our bodies as well. They're like bffs in that sense.

It's perfectly safe.  People put straight vitamin e on scars and burns to help with healing so no harm.  I used to crack open vitamin e and vitamin a capsules meant for consumption and apply them to my skin at night.  I never had any issues.  I have dry skin so it probably appreciated all the extra oils. 

I'm suffering from dry skin at the moment because of winter, so thought it might help!

Thanks 🙂

@yazzie17 - I did a quick search on google, and it's apparently the "in" thing right now.  The information that came up is from reliable sites or sites I've seen many times before (I don't consider them unreliable, they're just not the first sites I go to for information).  None of the information seems to be negative or cause for concern.  Again, this was just an initial search to give you some guidance (and out of curiosity)!

Here's the search phrase I used if you'd like to do your own search:  vitamin e on face overnight as a moisturizer

Great! Thanks 🙂

I'll try the same phrase.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing