Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|
Anonymous Insider

What should I use to get rid of sunspot

Hi,

I'm close to my mid 30s and started to notice sunspots in my face.  Any idea on what product (looking for moisturizers primarily) I can use to reduce or eliminate the sunspots?  I have a pale Asian skin if that makes any difference....

Thanks in advance 🙂

Re: What should I use to get rid of sunspot

I too have pale Asian skin and it is a battle to keep the dark spots from taking over your face particularly as you get older I find (I am now 55 and probably losing the battle).  You have to wear sunscreen all the time.  I use Consonant The Perfect Sunscreen.  It is a bit dark but I use a bit of IT Cosmetics light concealer with it.  I agree with the suggestion that it is good to use Vitamin C.  My favourite is The Ordinary Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F as it causes little or no irritation while producing decent results.  

RE: What should I use to get rid of sunspot

Murad dark spot remover is the only one I’ve found that actually works

Patience is number 1. Those pretty buggers take blood sweat and tears to get rid of, I only had one on my face but a couple on my chest. Just using a moisturizer might not be effective, unless you find one loaded with vitamin C or niacinimide but that will be a longer process.

Here's what I did:
Sunscreen is a must. All the steps you take to get rid of are eliminated with one day out in the sun and it just comes back.
AHAs: Glycolic worked best for me. Exfoliate the skin so the lightening ingrendients can penetrate better.
Retinols/Retinoids: Dr. Dennis Gross Retinol + Ferulic is great because it's a combo of ingredients that brightens the skin.
Niacinimide: EltaMD Am Theraphy is a good moisturizer with niacinimide which lightens dark spots.
Vitamin C: A good general product for overall product. There's a ton out there. I've tried Drunk Elephant, Skinceuticals, and The Ordinary's versions. All are good. Just varying price points.
Spot specific lightening products: hydroquinone is the 'gold' standard for skin lightening you can get 2% versions OTC, others will be prescription. It's a controversial product, so you will need to do research and decide for yourself. Alpha Arbutin is another ingredient for specific spot lightening the ordinary has good version.

Sunday Riley's TIDAL

@Anonymous I've heard that Retin-A can help for your issue.  I also wonder if the Clinique Dark Spot line could help.  Good luck!  upload_7361903284950267608.jpg

I tried the Clinical dark spot line and while I saw a tiny bit of lightening after about a month, it never helped completely and did not even make a difference for a few on my face. 

I am getting ready to try some Niacinamide with my Vit C serum to see if that helps. Vit C alone has not helped much either. 

I'm currently using the First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads which have been gentle and effective!

I use the Drunk Elephant Vit C serum. 

A good sunscreen is a must to keep the spots away! The SPF in moisturizers and foundation is not enough. 

use anything that has Vit C in it , or Lactic acid , this will help everything get lighter and brighter .

I have the same problem.  I'm currently using Drunk Elephant Babyfacial (AHA/BHA), as well as The Ordinary peel and retinol (they have 1% and 2% compex - the 1% is pure retinol and is stronger).  I am also using the Drunk Elephant Vitamin C.  I think these things help but i'm yet to see any dramatic results.  I've heard that Laser is the best way to even out skin tone and help will hyper pigmentation. 

@kiwigal, seconding The Ordinary. I use their 2% retinoid and have found it to be very gentle, cheap (under $10), and helpful- I had some sunspots under my right eye that have faded quite a lot in just a couple of months. Vitamin C is also excellent, but I have seen more brightening from it (not so much help with sunspots).

Hi @Anonymous,

I suggest Origins Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins™ Mega-Bright SPF 30 Skin Tone Correcting Oil-Free Moisturizer. Its a SPF moisturizer that helps with discoloration.

I also suggest the Shisedo White Lucent Brightening Protective Emulsion Broad Spectrum SPF 18. This helps combat environmental stressors such as UV pollution and dryness. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos1
  • upload_7361903284950267608.jpg
testing