julie060689

What's your anti-aging regimen?

(0) Hearts

I'm 23 going on 24 and am so freaked out about wrinkles and looking old.  I have never paid much attention to any anti-aging product or even on preserving my skin, because I have always been focused on my acne.  I just started getting my acne under control, after years of struggling, so my skin took a beating with all those chemicals. My acne left me with a lot of scars and  spots/ discoloration, and now I want to focus on keeping young.  So let me ask you what is your anti-aging regimen?

Mine consist of eye cream and make up with SPF.  I know its a little, but I don't know what else to do--what would be another great anti-aging step?

jennypenny1995

Re: What's your anti-aging regimen?

(0) Hearts

Oh, and never smoked a cigarette in my life!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

No tanning, SPF every single day down to upper chest area, eye cream twice daily, skin care cleanse/tone/hydrate twice daily, and fruit enzyme exfoliating mask twice weekly.  That, and 7-8 hours sleep every night.

irenar5

(0) Hearts

1.Stay out of the sun.  Wear a dedicated SPF of at least 30 on your face and wear a hat when in direct sun (not a moisturizer with SPF).  As others have said, UVA and UVB protection is critical.

2. Eye cream- as rich as you can handle it.  Pat gently under the eye and slightly on the lid. 

3.Do not smoke

4. Exfoliate the skin (either mechanically or chemically) once a month.

5. Moisturize every day.

Still, the most important controllable factor is sun avoidance.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

Why don't you try Origins skincare products? They have SPF and I think they can also help get rid of acne too. The secret is to find natural-products. I use The Body Shop, and Origins daily. 

kalex

(0) Hearts

Don't forget sunglasses!  No squinting = no eye crinkles!

drrragon

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Agree with the others, use a good SPF every day, rain or shine!  Exposure to sun is a main cause of wrinkles and brown spots that make you look aged.  Makeup with SPF is likely not enough to get you full protection since you typically need to apply a half-teaspoonful of SPF for it to reach maximum effectiveness.

Also when choosing a sunscreen, you need to make sure it has protection against wrinkle-causing UVA rays.  Until only recently, many sunscreens only protected against UVB rays to prevent sunburn, and in the US the SPF rating doesn't even include effectiveness against UVA.  The only way to know for certain is check the active ingredients in the product.  UVA is blocked by sunscreen actives like titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, or avobenzone.  If it doesn't contain one of those three, chuck it.

My sister is 8 years older than me (I'm in my late 30s) but her skin looks so much younger than mine, it's radiant and glowing.  I'm pretty sure it's because she's used sunscreen religiously since her 20s (I didn't start until a couple of years ago).  She never started using anti-aging skincare until her 40s either, except sunscreen.

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

At this age I I highly recommend SPF during the day, and antioxidants any time.  Maracuja oil is my HG for pretty much anything and I depend on my BB cream or foundation for SPF.  Hope this helps!

garnett

(0) Hearts

You are still quite young and you really don't need to use serious wrinkle creams and serums.  The best anti-aging steps you can take are to always wear an spf when outside during daylight hours(even when it's cloudy) and keep yourself well hydrated internally and properly moisturized on the outside.  Most professionals feel that retinol products are the best way to deal with aging but I am not sure if you need to do that yet. Have you seen a dermatologist?  If not it would be good to have a visit with one and see what kind of treatment you can use to repair your skin.  You want to cleanse without stripping all the oils out of your skin, you probably want to do some exfoliation that doesn't cause irritation, you want to moisturize without causing skin problems to flare up.  It can be done, you just need some advice on what active ingredients are most beneficial to you.  It sounds like you have already made some good choices.  Good luck!

beautylovingirl

There's a professional product that I want to research it is called Zo Health and it's made by Obagi Top Leader in medical skin care they have a product that is called Invisapeel. No obvious flaking, safe for you to do at home. If you need help or have any questions just ask I don't mind helping at all.

viviene23

Totally agree with you. Zein obagi is expensive but every product is worth the price. Their anti aging line comes in 3 different levels...i'm also in my 20's and I use level one. Invisapeel actually made my skin peel after a few uses but it was very minimal unlike their obagi nu derm line. Nu derm is the only skincare regimen that took care of my acne completely and my skin has been clear since.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • kalex
    • drrragon
    • irenar5
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • viviene23