HollieH

What is the best product for crepiness around my eyes?

I am 41 and recently the crepiness around my eyes has seemed to compound over night, especially around the inner corners. It looks really bad. I would love some suggestions for products that really work at targeting this problem.

Thank you.

beautylovingirl

Re: What is the best product for crepiness around my eyes?

(0) Hearts

@HollieH- Your very welcome!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Dr. Perricone's Acyl-Glutathione Eye Serum is also a great option to look at it does an amzing job of tightening and decreasing the oribital area around the eye. Hope this helps!

HollieH

Thank you. I will definitely check that out. 

HollieH

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give you a little update.

I bought Lancome's Génifique Yeux Light-Pearl™ Eye-Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate and after a week saw zero improvement with twice a day application. I know things take time I felt this was doing nothing....except it does do a nice job getting rid of puffy eyes quickly. I was stacking it with Benefit's It's Potent Eye Cream.

So, I went to Spehora and asked for some help. The gal recommended Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum and Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Eye. She gave me samples of both. Within 2 days of using the Perricone Vitamin C Ester I could see a difference. After 5 days, yes 5 days, I could see a 75% difference!!! The crepiness was all but gone. I was again stacking it with Benefit's It's Potent Eye Cream.

I then ran out of the sample of Perricone and started to use PTR Unwrinkle. I swear it's making my lines deeper.

Needless to say, I just ordered Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum. I am hoping with long term use it will help with the fine lines too.

ivowren

(0) Hearts

I don't have a specific product to mention, sadly everything i've read recommends laser resurfacing.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I started noticing that crepiness in my late 20s -- my skin was so dry in that area, it was creating lines. I tried what felt like hundreds of eye creams (in reality, it was probably more like 20-something!) until I found Shiseido Benefiance. It is THE most hydrating eye cream I have ever used -- it's really rich and emollient (but not so heavy that you can't use it in the morning). I find that it really gets into the skin and hydrates it, making the crepiness appear diminished. The next time you are near a Sephora store (or near a Shiseido counter), I would ask for a sample -- it's the best stuff!

http://www.sephora.com/benefiance-wrinkleresist24-intensive-eye-contour-cream-P173620?skuId=1408202

HollieH

Thank you Katie for the suggestion. I will definitely check it out.

katie1724

(0) Hearts

You're welcome! I wanted to add that it doesn't actually tighten or firm skin (eye creams often advertise this and don't actually do it), but it does help with crepiness by combatting it with moisture. :smileyhappy:

HollieH

(0) Hearts

I am sorry, I didn't actually mean overnight but in the last 2-3 months :smileywink:

I actually went to Sephora today to check out the Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic and Retinol eye serum but they don't carry it in the store. I would love to hear some reviews on what products have actually worked best for this issue.

atexas

I've been researching this very thing today and look forward to seeing what other people are saying.  From what I can tell it looks like two great options would be Ole Henricksen Truth is in the eyes and Dennis Gross Ferulic and Retinol eye cream.  They both will exfolitate a bit.  I have no idea which one is better.  If yours has gotten worse overnight then I'd say there might be a sensitivity or allergy to blame and this type of product wouldn't really be the right choice?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • ivowren
    • beautylovingirl
    • atexas
    • HollieH