jendavid97

Skincare products for late 30s

I am approaching 40 and am looking for a new skincare regimen.  I am currently using the Patricia Wexler products and like them - don't love them.  I was wondering what products you all would recommend.  I am trying to control wrinkles and fine lines.  If it can help with eye circles too - it would be great!

jendavid97

Re: Skincare products for late 30s

Thanks for all the great advice!  My skin is pretty normal, with minimal signs of agining at this point!  I do get some break-outs (never did as a teen ager so it's getting me now!).  I ordered a Clarisonic and am excited! 

soloist1

(0) Hearts

I agree about the exfoliating.  I'm in the same boat you are (I turn 40 at the end of the month) but I have been using the Murad line for my daily skin routine for about 2 years now and LOVE it!  I use the Murad Vitamin C exfoliating peel twice a week too.

HMNewbie

Lots of good advice on this thread.  The best product depends on your skin type, concerns, etc.  I would just add that a non-foaming cleanser is really great.  I like Laura Mercier Flawless Oil Cleanser.  It doesn't make your skin feel tight (like more wrinkles are forming).  I also use an exfoilator twice per week.  My favorite is Murad Pomegranate Mask.  Also, you must, must, must use a sunscreen.  (I know, I sound like a mother...wait, I am one!)  I would say that nothing has helped my skin like sunscreen.  It's not enough to treat, you must protect.  I like Shiseido Urban Environment Oil Free SPF 42.

I think the biggest thing is consistency.  Shop.  Pick a product based on concerns, ratings/reviews.  Try it for 2 - 3 weeks at a minimum to see if you like it and it's working.  Do not expect miracles overnight.  I've tried some great products that look/feel fantastic, then it's like my skin gets used to it so it doesn't work anymore.  You're in this for the long haul.  Just take care of yourself.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I second the Murad Mask.  It's my #1 fav skin care product, and I think it's one of the things that has helped stop my cystic acne.  Love those nights when it's Mask Nite!

beautylovingirl

@drrragon- Amen! The mods are another part of the greatness of BT!

beautylovingirl

@jennypenny- I know they should realize this is no place for them. I absolutely wouldn't pay even half a cent for that mess.

drrragon

Thank goodness our mods are on the ball to take care of the shill.

jennypenny1995

Yes, love our mods.  Gotta keep the cray-crays at bay.  (That's me trying to talk chill-style.  Working?)

jennypenny1995

There's a reason their stuff ends up at flea markets!  (Naughty me!)

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

One thing I've learned is that our cleansers aren't really needing to be anti-aging.  What's most important is what REMAINS on our face after rinsing.  Consider a serum or a glycolic product to keep your skin gently exfoliated, a good nighttime and daytime antioxidant Moisturixzer, and an eye cream.  My personal fav eye cream is Korres' Quercetin eye cream.  It's so good that I finally purchased my second bottle of an eye cream...ever!

beautylovingirl

@xali- We're really not supposed to be adding any outside links to Beauty Talk.

jennypenny1995

Beautylovingirl, THANK YOU for pointing that out!!  There have been so many Mary Kay people on here doing the same thing, and it has just irritated me so much.  Ugh!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would recommend products from Dr. Perricone, Algenist, or Murad. Hope this helps~

kareninca

(0) Hearts

swfupload_5852545970696949912.jpg

swfupload_5154011029087491308.jpgswfupload_7532606821686825710.jpgMy first piece of advice is to get a Clarisonic and use it religiously with a nonfoaming cleanser (I love Philosophy Purity and have been using it since my 30s, I'm over 50, but there are lots of great cleansers).  Any product line you choose to use will perform many times better.  As far as product lines go, my current love is Algenist.  You don't really talk about your skin but I'll give it a shot assuming you aren't super sensitive nor on either end of the dry to oily spectrum.  I'd start you with their new retinol firming serum and their firming and lifting eye serum.  Creams I'd probably suggest the firming and lifting at night but restorative cream would also be good and the Ultra Lightweight spf 50 for day and maybe the eye renewal balm.  I'd also recommend their pore corrector primer.

NYStephA

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I am absolutely IN LOVE with the Airelle natural anti-aging line.  Their products are the best I've ever used, and they are natural which is a huge plus for me.  Since using their products, I have noticed a big difference in my skin!  Everything is tighter, my fine lines are nearly gone, spots and blemishes have disappeared and I receive daily complements on my skin.  I didn't really have eye circles, so I can't comment on that, but I have read that it will help with those too!  The line is a bit pricey as it falls in the category of "high end", but for me it has been worth every penny!  I hope this helps and their website is 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • kareninca
    • drrragon
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • HMNewbie
    • NYStephA