tama1924

Skin care products to prevent aging 25+

[ Edited ]
Im turning 25 soon, and ive always heard that 25+ is when you should start preventing wrinkles and everything else thats comes with it , im looking for preferably a serum as treatment. I do have very sensitive skin , gets red easily , and the odd break out once in a . :-) thanks in advance,
tama1924

Re: Skin care products to prevent aging 25+

(0) Hearts

I was thinking of the bosicas tsubaki oil, thing is if i also get first aid beauty dual repair serum, would the oil be a night treatment after cleansing? Amd serum iN the day ? Witn moisturizer applied after 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

To avoid layering on too much, especially during the day, try using just the FAB serum as that is a rich antioxidant boost and great for morning/day exposure and then layering a lotion with SPF on top.

For night, on a cleansed faced, use a few drops of the Boscia oil. Beautytester's link below is perfect to give you an idea of textures/breakdowns of popular oils and how to apply them. You can use the oil as a treatment or as a moisturizer, depending on how it sits on your skin. If your skin can benefit from more hydrating, add a lotion over, but wait 2-5 minutes so the oil can absorb. If the oil is enough, leave it at that.

tama1924

Thanks for the tip  :-) 

Panda168

[ Edited ]

Caudalie has some good options but they are pricey! I would recommend boscia's line, plus maybe a face oil bc those have antioxidants in them and are safe for most sensitive skin. I just turned 25, but I've been taking care of my skin since I was 19-20ish. 

tama1924

(0) Hearts

:-) definetly going for FAB dual repair serum and Bosica Tsubaki oil :-)

tama1924

(0) Hearts

so could i do the serum for day and oil for night? After cleansing , then moisturizing , i was looking into the tsubaki oil from bosica 

ChicDabbler

Second Caudalie, they feel so goood (but so expensive).

Some serum have active ingredients that may make them sun sensitive, but they will mention "use in the PM" or "may cause sun sensitivity" on the bottle. If they didn't, then you can probably use the serum for day and night. Facial oil are best used as a moisturizer. If you are curious about facial oil, feel free to browse here for different products, applications etc: http://community.sephora.com/t5/All-Other-Concerns/Facial-oil-comparison-break-down-moisturizer-kind...

keelybt

@Tama1924 Yes!  If you want to do both, I would do the oil at night and the serum during the day :smileyhappy:

tama1924

(0) Hearts

:-) awesome thanks 

tama1924

:-) i wll definetly be going for the first aid beauty dual repair serum :smileyhappy:

tama1924

:-) thanks for all the advice girls :

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Our pleasure! Feel free to browse any of the brands mentioned, you can mix and match products for day/night moisturizers, eye treatments, and washes to suit your skin!

tama1924

All i needed was the serum :-) the rest of my skin care regimine is set , now cant wait to actually go to sephora (pay day please hurry) haha

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Gotcha! This can just be your reference thread for if you ever want to expand or try other products to your regimen!

Haha, I'm awaiting pay day too! I did my spending already this week though, so now it's just resisting more spending!!! Oh dear!

keelybt

Hi Tama1924 I recommend trying Dual Repair Power Serum.  It contains antioxidants to help protect your skin and also is designed specifically for skin prone to sensitivity.

First Aid Beauty - Dual Repair Power Serum

http://www.sephora.com/dual-repair-power-serum-P377266?skuId=1487107

lylysa

Hey there, Tama! Another poster your age just posted a similar thread not long ago!

Though she also inquires about treatments for break outs, my response to her covers anti-aging/preventative measures.

Have a read!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Antiaging/I-just-turned-25-and-am-looking-for-a-skin-care-regimen-to...

tama1924

Thank you! :-) but one of my concers is that i also have sensitive skin.. Could this affect products that i use . Ole henkrison , made my skin dry and red , horrible u.u , but i will read the post ! :-) 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

If you've already tried Ole, try opting instead for Boscia, Origins, or Korres.

I saw you made some changes to the original post, so my mistake, there's more info to take in now. :smileyhappy: Which we are always appreciative for!

Boscia is a preservative free line that uses botanical based ingredients. Though they don't have a serum, their Amino Eye Treatment is amazing as it's important not to neglect that area either.

http://www.sephora.com/enlivening-amino-ag-eye-treatment-P61211?skuId=1164151

Origins is another botanical based line, their A Perfect World Guardian is a great altnerative version to the Ole serum in my link as it works in similar aspects to combat oxidative damage.

http://www.sephora.com/a-perfect-world-white-tea-skin-guardian-P297519?skuId=1375716

Korres implements several natural ingredients in their line, and the Wild Rose Face and Eye Serum work to combat aging signs and oxidative damage as well.

http://www.sephora.com/wild-rose-face-eye-serum-P155113?skuId=946558

The info I gave in the link above has common acne based ingredients, Boscia covers that well with their Willow Bark Treatment!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Have you tried Origins Plantscription serum? It's not very expensive and shouldn't irritate at all. The Perfect World one is a bit more hydrating and a tad less anti-aging.

I also love Boscia Amino Eye Treatment, this is around the time you should incorporate an eye cream into your regimen, too.

ps. I second Keely's suggestion from First Aid Beauty, their brand is know for being great for dry or sensitive skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 37 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • katie1724
    • caligirl2011
    • lylysa
    • crose25
    • ChicDabbler