Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Should I be using anti-aging products at the age of 20?

So recently I have notice that I have some fine lines appearing on my forehead lately. Usually my skin is normal/combination. It can get really dry during the winter but oily in the summer. These fine lines are really bugging me out lately and I just don't know if I should be using an anti-aging product or something else... like a exfoliator. I was curious to know if anybody else was having a similar situation and what product there were using to treat there problem area. Any recommendations would help.  Thanks. 

I agree with everyone a good moisturizer will do wonders....

I agree with everyone a good moisturizer will do wonders. one with vitamins and antioxidants or any favorite ingredient...oh and sunscreen. a really good sunscreen that reacts well with you skin.

Re: Should I be using anti-aging products at the age of 20?

I would say stick to cleaning your skin properly (everyday, no exceptions), using a good moisturizer and definitely using SPF (all year round). 

You can try face massages and revitalizing masks to give it a little extra. 

Hi there! I started taking skin care seriously in my teens since I'm so fair. The most important advise I can give for your age is keep out of the sun and always wear an SPF. I also wear hats if I do have to go out in the sun.

lol1877 wrote:

So recently I have notice that I have some fine lines appearing on my forehead lately. Usually my skin is normal/combination. It can get really dry during the winter but oily in the summer. These fine lines are really bugging me out lately and I just don't know if I should be using an anti-aging product or something else... like a exfoliator. I was curious to know if anybody else was having a similar situation and what product there were using to treat there problem area. Any recommendations would help.  Thanks. 

Hope that helps.

@lol1877 I think it depends on the person.  I personally see no harm in using some gentle retinol serums or antioxidants at 20.  

RE: Should I be using anti-aging products at the age of 20?

You shouldn't use anything but a good moisturizer if you start using the heavy duty anti aging stuff at your age it more than likely will ruin your young skin because it's made for older skin. Don't rush the aging process by using@to many products you don't need.

Hi Lol877, I bet that the lines you are seeing are from dehydration. If you bump up your moisturizer or add a facial oil, you should see those diminish. At your age, it is good to start using anti-aging products like an anti-oxidant serum and a good sunscreen. 

It's dehydrated skin add in more moisture. You don't need anti aging, you're collagen is still high turnover. Do you use spf daily? That's best defense.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing