Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Preventing crows feet?

I just turned 25 and have fairly deep set and hooded eyes, and the corners are prime for developing crows feet, so I'd like to get ahead of it now. I have very sensitive skin (I have had reactions to Resveratrol and I'm allergic to coconut) and unfortunately most of the heavy anti aging eye products are pretty intense. Does anyone have any recommendations?

RE: Preventing crows feet?

First of all never go out doors with out sun glasses. Squinting is a major cause of Crows Feet! Try the Farmacy brand of moisturizers! They are all great!

Re: Preventing crows feet?

@hopkinss33 I'm also trying to understand what I should do for anti-aging.  I'm reading literature by Paula Begoun, but it's still confusing since there are so many products out there.  I am focusing first on retinoids/retinol products.  I have a prescription for Retin-A, which is known for being good for acne but is also very good for preventing wrinkles.  I'm currently using FAB Retinol Serum around my eyes.

My moisturizer has cell-communicating ingredients and skin identical ingredients, but I still need an antioxidant.  I will probably search beautypedia.com for a good Vitamin C serum next.  I also use BHA which is good for cellular turn over.

Good luck!

Hi @hopkinss33, since you're still young you won't need anything too intense since it sounds like you haven't shown much aging, which is good! I'm close to 28 and have been using skin care to prevent aging for the entirety of my 20's and am told I still look like a teenager. Not always a good thing when you're a high school teacher, but I digress. Hopefully the routine I use will also work for you, and I'll keep in mind your sensitivities. 

First thing, protect yourself from the sun! Use an SPF moisturizer, SPF on its own, in foundations and powders. You can never have too much! Not only does it work by blocking the suns rays, the ingredients in SPF have been shown to be effective anti-agers. With that, always wear sunglasses and/or a hat when you are outside. Wrinkles can form by repeated movements in the face, and squinting over and over again can lead to wrinkles around the eyes and between the brows. 

Second, the skin around your eyes is much thinner than the rest of your face, so it requires thicker and heavier moisturizer to keep it strong. Try a few different ones and find one you like. At this stage in your anti-aging process, you really just need to keep it moisturized. Stronger treatments and serums aren't yet necessary. A day cream you can still wear under makeup and a night cream with a thicker and balmier texture is fine. I like the First Aid Beauty, Philosophy, and Origins products. I layer it under my primary moisturizer, which for the day has Argan oil and SPF. 

I use a couple products over my whole face, including my eyes. Those are bareMinerals Skinlongevity and Josie Maran Argan Oil. They're moisturizing and contain ingredients like fatty acids to plump and nourish skin. I also will do under eye sheets masks for a little treat - the Sephora brand has a lot of variety. 

Hope this helps!

sunscreen and sunglasses whenever you are outside will help. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing