catherineu2

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster

Does this help with fine lines & wrinkles? How moisturizing is it?

dianabt

Re: Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster

(0) Hearts

You're very welcome! If you can, visit your local store and try a sample of each one. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
dianabt

@AmyC The Argan oil is a totally different consistency from the Truth Serum which is more of a liquid and almost sticky type finish. Any product can cause breakouts so it really does depend on how your own skin reacts to it! :smileyhappy:

I found the Argan Oil much more moisturizing but sadly it does not like my skin. The Truth Serum is easily absorbed onto the skin and works to give  more brightening to the skin and to smooth fine lines away.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
AmyC

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much, this was exactly what I wanted to find out.

AmyC

(0) Hearts

Question regarding this product. Argan Oil made me break out. This is different than an oil consistancy correct? Heard in some instances on youtube this product can cause breakouts as well? Is their anyone that has used both products and can compare?

lylysa

Beautytester described the texture/formulation perfectly! I live in a hot/humid environment and it absorbs well, no greasty or tacky feeling lingering.

It's better suited for fine lines rather than wrinkles, honestly. Though vitamin C does benefit the skin by the ways DannyC mentioned, vitamin C also boosts the natural production of collagen in skin, helping in long terms to repair and rejuvenate the loss of elasticity and firmness. The formula also relies on a humectant called sodium hyaluronate which binds healthy moisture to skin, giving a sense of "plumping" and "firming" on a more instanteous level while moisturizing and locking in hydration.

I use this on my smile lines as well as on post acne marks (also great for hyperpigmentation, sun spots, or age spots) as vitamin C helps to even out skin tone in a very gentle manner. Though vitamin C itself isn't the strongest or top product for brightening/lightening one's complexion, it doesn't make skin sensitized to UV rays, so it's more user friendly.

AmyC

Thank you, this was very helpful! Wasn't even thinking about this product but I may be now because of this!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

No probs! They have a mini set of their Truth Serum and moisturizer for $22 or $23 that you can try out before commiting to a full sized one. I love mine, I finally found the perfect product that gives long term and instant results, treats the post acne marks I have, works to even and preserve my skin tone, and is gentle!

Plus I love the citrus scent it has!

DTalksAll

I don't think it helps fine lines & wrinkles, but it does help prevent them. THe vitamin C helps fight off free radicals from the sun. I use it every morning after washing my face, before moistruirizing. I have seen a difference in my acne scars since using it. I think it's a great addition to a skin care routine. 

ChicDabbler

It is very liquidy gel and sinks in pretty well, doesn't flake even if you over apply. It's a bit hydrating, but I wouldn't count on it for hydration. I can't speak to the anti-aging effect, tho from my impression of reading the reviews on Sephora, it's better for preventive/early stage of aging rather than serious wrinkles/firming (like those for age 50+).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • AmyC
    • DTalksAll
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • catherineu2