Molls26

Looking for anti aging serum. 27 years old

I am 27 and looking for a new anti aging face serum. I used korres for awhile but i just do not think it was strong enough. Suggestions? I am trying to get brighter skin and prevent wrinkles.
JayReed

Re: Looking for anti aging serum. 27 years old

(0) Hearts

I am using the Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion and I LOVE it. It has a velvety texture and goes on smoothly under a moisturizer.

MissNatari

(0) Hearts

I am about to turn 26, and my last Sephora haul included anti-aging makeup in the form of Korres A Flawless Complexion: Quercetin & Oak Essentials in Fair. I recently got a sample of Lancome's Visionnaire... which is designed to help with large pores, evenness and has anti-aging properties. Coupled with this, there are also 2 more that are designed to help with color correction and lifting. I've tried all 3, and I LOVE Lancome. They seem to be well worth the investment although I haven't made it myself yet. dreamtone.jpglancome2.jpgvissionaire.jpg

If you're looking for an eye cream, try Shiseido. I use it every night on my eyes and even the corners of my nose if I get really dry. 

Hopefully we've started early enough to prevent leather face!! Good luck. :smileyhappy:

NYStephA

(0) Hearts

I agree with the other replies about the importance of key ingredients such as Vit A, C and E.  Hyaluronic Acid and peptides are also high performance ingredients that have been proven to deliver results against wrinkles.  You can find plenty of articles on these ingredients if you google them, so I won't write a book about the benefits of these ingredients along with the importance of antioxidants.  The serum that I absolutely love and have noticed the best results with is called Airelle Berrimatrix Age Defying Facial Serum.  It has a very light consistency and your skin will just drink it up.  It doesn't contain any waxes or other "heavy" fillers that tend to leave a residue, so it goes on really smoothly and is quickly absorbed.  My skin has never looked so vibrant and bright since using it, and my wrinkles have definitely shrunk along with my pores.  I highly recommend it!

btmod2

(0) Hearts

Hi Molls26,

I have also been using the Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu serum and I have seen some wonderful results from it! It has helped brighten my skin and gives it a wonderful radiance, but it still has some anti-aging properties that help prevent wrinkles. I also love the scent which smells like tangerines. :smileyhappy:

Another serum I have loved for years is the Bare Minerals Skin Rev-er Upper. It has a little bit of glycolic acid in it which is a great ingredient that helps brighten skin. I love using this underneath my makeup and moisturizer. It helps smooth my skin's texture and I like that it is is free of parabens and synethic fragrances.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

The strength of a product doesn't always equate to giving the results necessary, especially when factoring in your skin care goals and needs.

Which Korres serum were you using the Quercetain & Oak or the Wild Rose?

For starters, at 27 and wanting to focus more on brightening skin tone and preventing wrinkles, rather than use products that are geared toward already aging, or mature skin that is in need of more so treating and reversing signs of aging already present, look for products with preventative ingredients. In other words, if you're looking to more so prevent wrinkles and you're using a serum for skin that already suffers from wrinkles, you won't see its effectiveness on your skin because the issues the product is looking to target is not prevalent on your skin.

Vitamin C is a wonderful ingredient that works on many levels, it combats oxidative and free radical damage from environmental pollutants and UV rays, all of which can damage and degrade collagen and elastin which leads to to fine lines, wrinkles, loss of supplness and firmness, and even dark spots. Vitamin C also helps the body kick back into gear in terms of collagen production as collagen molecules are too larged to absorbed topically through layers of skin. This allows you to support collagen synthesis from the inside out. In addition to combating dark spots, vitamin C is also effective against treating existing dark spots or uneven skin tone in a gentle manner than won't cause skin sensitivity like some other skin lightening agents such as hydroquinone.

Truth Serum® Vitamin C Collagen BoosterPure Truth™ Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil

Ole Henriksen makes two versions of a vitamin C packed treatment, one in a serum and the other in an oil. The serum is enriched with sodium hyaluronate as well, a humectant that binds moisture to skin drawn from the atmosphere to help properly hydrate without overwhelming skin with heavy moisturizers and in turn, well hydrated skin is less prone to have fine lines emphasized. The oil is fortified with essential fatty acids, these which help to increase suppleness in skin's texture and is quick absorbing to not leave a greasy film on skin.

Camu Camu Power C x 30™ Vitamin C Brightening Serum

Peter Thomas Roth's Camu Camu Serum is slightly thinner in texture compared to the Truth Serum but is also packed with vitamin C, along with other antioxidants and vitamins A, D, and E.

Check out the below thread for some more vitamin C enriched serums/treatments:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/Perricone-Vitamin-C-Ester-15/m-p/970789/highlight/true#M734...

stephyd216

Same age, and I started using Ole Henriksen Truth Serum for the same reason. The stuff is AMAZING, my face is brighter and I can tell my skin is happy! It was a huge game changer for me!

wingatprsct

I'm testing the PTR Camu Camu now and I love the brightening effects!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • stephyd216
    • lylysa
    • MissNatari
    • wingatprsct
    • NYStephA