aroberts05

HELP! I am 40 & have deep wrinkle lines under my eyes when I smile. What eye cream do you recommend?

mplsblonde

Re: HELP! I am 40 & have deep wrinkle lines under my eyes when I smile. What eye cream do you re

I use LANCÔME Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Night.  My deep lines are in my forehead - i'm actually thinking of botox but until then i've used the multi-action night & found that it has erased some of the deep set lines but you have to use it religiously.  In stores they sell a set with day-time, night time & eye - i thought it was a great deal.

aroberts05

Re: HELP! I am 40 & have deep wrinkle lines under my eyes when I smile. What eye cream do you re

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much! I will check it out.

bratknits

The OH Truth is in the Eyes worked wonders for me, after about a week of using it I did a double-take in the mirror in the morning.  If you're dry you can put a moisturizer over it once it's been on a minute or two.  OH makes an under-eye CC creme as well for daytime that's pretty amazing as well.

http://www.sephora.com/truth-is-in-the-eyes-vitamin-c-peel-concentrate-P268417?skuId=1425248

aroberts05

(0) Hearts

Thank you it sounds awesome! I am going to try it!

SydBristow

Sorry to hear about your lines.  :smileysad:  I have badly sun-damaged skin and have had lots of skin issues, including a couple of really deep wrinkles on my forehead and also lots around my eyes.

I improved my skin care regimen and (not overnight) the forehead wrinkles are almost gone and the ones around my eyes have improved, although some still show when I smile.  I'm not sure there's any getting around that!

I changed by ensuring my dry, damaged skin was always clean and moisturized in the morning and at night.  On my face I now use retinol (too strong to use around my eyes though) and AHAs, both once a week.

Around my eyes I use the Philosophy serum sold here:

http://www.sephora.com/miracle-worker-retinoid-eye-repair-cream-P377330?skuId=1482546

At times when I don't use the serum I make sure I use an eye moisturizer to keep them nice and hydrated. 

I think I have a photo somewhere of what my wrinkles looked like before I switched my routine, it make take a little time but perhaps I could show a before and after.  Consistency and time do make a difference.  And...I also stay out of the sun now too.  :smileyhappy:  (Or use a strong sunblock.)

aroberts05

(0) Hearts

SydBristow thank you so much! I too have really deep wrinkles on my forehead along with my eyes. I use Philosophy microdelivery wash in the am and purity in the pm with my clarisonic, help me (pm), hope in a jar (pm), use take a deep breath (am), and hope in a tube for my eyes. I would love to hear what regimen you have been using. I am going to try the miracle worker Retinoid Eye Repair Cream. I also wear Clinique's BB cream as my foundation (no powder).

SydBristow

Of course! 

Once a week at night after washing my face I use SkinCeuticals 0.5 and leave on overnight (I would love for Sephora to carry SkinCeuticals!).  A few nights later I apply Derma E Evenly Radiant Overnight Peel (Alpha Hydroxy Acids, or AHAs) overnight to help with exfoliation.

This, combined with using good makeup and having good skin care products, has made a huge difference and truly reversed visible signs of some of the skin damage I have. 

My skin reacted very quickly to the retinol, I think it says start with a couple of times a week but my skin peeled, so I backed off.  It still gets a little flaking sometimes but I have a way of addressing that when it does.

beautylovingirl

Have you ever used a Retinoid Eye Product before?

knadala

April_BestEyeCream_Algenist_450x500.jpgI recommend this product for lines and darkening under eyes.

aroberts05

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the suggestion! 

wingatprsct

I have been using Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiaging Antiwrinkle Eye Cream and it has worked well for me but I only have a few fine lines.  Korres also makes an Instant Wrinkle Filler but the reviews were not helpful. 

If you go to the top of the Sephora page and select skincare, then select eye cream, you can see all the different eye creams.  Then on the left of the page you can check the filters that apply and see what products are recommended.  It still leaves a lot to look at and these are moisturizers not treatments.

I've heard a lot of buzz about Perricone MD Cold Plasma Eye, Ole Henriksen Total Truth Vitamin C Eye Creme, and Lancome Renergie Lift Muti-Action Eye.  I myself have not personally tried any of them. 

Read the reviews and decide what you're willing to pay and go to Sephora with maybe three in mind that you would like to sample.

aroberts05

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • aroberts05
    • beautylovingirl
    • mplsblonde
    • wingatprsct