Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
Anonymous Insider

Frugal Natural Antiaging Products With Retinol?

The only reason I'm using L'oreal Revitalift and Garnier Ultra Lift is because they have retinol but I'm on the hunt for a more natural product with retinol; both of these products burn my skin when it's even minorly irritated and they're obviously full of chemicals; any suggestions for a frugal person?

There was also something besides retinol which is supposed to be the second best thing for the skin but obviously I'm new to all this so thanks for any help with any of this!

Re: Frugal Natural Antiaging Products With Retinol?

Vitamin C is great for premature/first sign of aging. As you get older, your cell turnover slows down so retinol and glycolic acid will help with skin renewal to keep your skin looking fresh and glowy.

The only natural retinol product I know is Valencia Retinol serum. I'm a fan of their eye cream and rose serum while my friend loves their retinol serum. Peter Thomas Roth Retinol PM is another great alternative. 

Glycolic acid can cause a tingling or mild stinging sensation depending on the concentration and blend, so if you do have sensitive skin then look for something with lactic acid or enzyme instead. They are often available in forms of exfoliators. AmorePacific Enzyme Powder, Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel, and Cane Austin Miracle Pad are some of my (and my friend's) favorites.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing