ch2000

Foundation for Aging skin

I need advise on a foundation that will work well with aging, dry , sensitive skin?

tracygirl64

Re: Foundation for Aging skin

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Josie Maran Matchmaker Serum Foundation? It is moisturizing, anti-aging, leaves a nice finish, made out of natural ingredients and good for sensitive skin. If you have not tried it yet, I highly recommend it!

beatlegal70

(0) Hearts

Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer is truly AMAZING! I am 43 with good skin ( albeit a bit dry) but I too am concerned about anti-aging. I tried many different foundations and tinted moisturizers (this can absolutely cover like a foundation if you need it to, BTW, just use a little more for heavier coverage) and this is hands down the best!!! I've tried NARS sheer glow- meh, Tarte amazonian clay tinted moisturizer, which is nice, Laura Mercier- meh, and many other so-so products, Clinique, Lancome etc. The hourglass is pricey but truly worth every penny. It makes your skin look amazing and contains an anti-aging complex too! One thing, if you want a matte finish (which you really shouldn't if you are concerned about fine lines or wrinkles. Dewy or luminous is always better for aging skin, trust me) this would not be the product for you. 

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

I just tried the NARS Sheer Glow which is great, and the Urban Decay Naked Skin which is surprisingly natural for mature skin, and not drying at all.  I'd never used either brand, and I really like them both.  The NARS is a bit thicker with more coverage, and the UD feels like nothing on my skin.  A real bonus for winter!

Loretta55

(0) Hearts

I like the Tarte line. Both their Amazonian Clay 12 hour Full coverage Foundation and BB Tinted 12 hour Primer have worked for me. I just received the Amazonian Clay Pressed Mineral powder so that will be the next item I will try.

shaynaj4

(0) Hearts

I would make sure you use a good serum (I love Philosophy Time in a Bottle) followed by your favorite moisturizer (I love Philosophy Take A Deep Breath), followed by a great primer (e.g., Dr. Brandt Pores No More) before applying foundation. This gives your skin a nice healthy glow, reduces the appearance of fine lines, and gives you an overall rested and even complexion. I use a compact powder foundation by Cover Fx (shade N40), for my fair, combination, blemish-prone skin and love it. I used to use Bare Escentuals which seemed to enhance the appearance of lines. Another suggestion would be to follow application of your serum, moisturizer and primer with a BB cream and skip foundation/powder. Although they say you can just go straight to the BB cream, I find it works best when you apply at least serum and moisturizer first and purchase a shade that is a touch darker than your natural skin tone. I tried several BB creams (e.g., Stila, Boscia, Too Faced, etc.) and have to say Maybelline's 4-in-1 in Medium is amazing and provides enough coverage that it looks like foundation. Then add a little blush to the apples of your cheeks and you are done!

anaa

I second Guerlain's Lingerie De Peau.  I got some samples of it from Sephora and bought it.  The finish is like no other.  I am 59 with slightly oily skin, so I'm not sure how it works with dry skin.

linda711

I'm 46 and I just switched to Guerlain's Lingerie De Peau and I love it.  I would consider it a light-medium coverage which you can build upon, and it has a dewy natural finish.  Also, it doesn't settle into those fine lines like many others I have tried.  You should try a sample, I had to have tried at least 15 others before this one and none compared.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I don't yet have a mature skin, but I head that Estee Lauder foundations work well 

double wear is too thick, but they have many other options 

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

So far Givenchy Photo Perfexion has worked great for me. if you can get a sample to try & a color match that might be an option. Good luck.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Dior Capture Totale foundation will work well, I think.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • anaa
    • tracygirl64
    • poshified
    • beatlegal70
    • infinitise
    • oklady2013